(*This post was wrote weeks ago, a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant and I decided to wait to publish it until after we publicly announced the pregnancy. I meant to publish it earlier but alas, it was added to the list of "things I keep forgetting to do.")
BLECH!
Upon finding out I was pregnant, I quickly started noticing a few things. I want to record this experience for a couple of reasons. 1 - because this could very well be our only child and 2 - apparently after this sweet babe comes, I will miraculously forget all things pain and yuckiness related and count it all as "worth it." Ha, the verdict is still out on whether or not this is worth it ;-) Kidding.... In all seriousness, I want to remember the weird, funny, and painful things I'm going through right now and for the next couple of months.
Let's start with the most obvious pregnancy symptom...besides the missed period.
Hello food adversions and morning sickness! Holy cow, I had heard that women get food aversions when they are pregnant but dang! No one told me how severe, sudden, and random they can be. And oh, do I have some strong food aversions. Simply thinking about certain foods or smells sends me into intense gagging episodes...it's awful.
Case in point:
"Hey, this soup sounds amazing. I'm hungry."
Cook the soup, take a whiff, and a bite. Ohhhhhh heck no. That ain't coming anywhere near my mouth. And, of course, insert the lovely gagging party that will undoubtedly commence.
Mentioning gagging.
My parents and Steven think this is hilarious. But, I cannot say the word...um.... maybe if I type it out I won't gag..... but refrigerator. There, I did it. I seriously cannot discuss that machine as I call it without being thrown into a horrible gagging episode. And, don't even think about asking me to open the "machine." Oh no. Won't happen. And, if it does by some odd chance, I have to hold my breath and cover my face from the nose down or I'm gagging horribly.
Why?
Because it smells AWFUL to me. I'm having to try not to gag right now as I'm typing this out just because I'm thinking about it, haha!
Onto food aversions. You know how when you have morning sickness, or all day sickness as I call it, everyone says to snack all the time and keep saltines by you at all times? Yeah, that's all fine and dandy unless the very thought and taste of saltines makes you start gagging. I made the mistake of snacking on saltines all the time during the night when I first found out I was pregnant to ward off the ridiculous non-stop hunger. The result is I can no longer stand them. Or Ritz crackers. And occasionally, Goldfish.
Other foods on the "I don't care for now" list are:
Ice cream - very rarely have I wanted some
Sweets
Pre-cooked chicken strips. Ew. So nasty.
Canned chicken noodle soup. But, just the Campbell metal cans. The ones that come with the vegetables, etc in it aren't too bad.
Coffee
Mac and cheese - wore that one out quickly when it was the only thing I could eat for 3 days
Cereal - once again, ew. Too sweet.
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Nastiest smell ever. Once again, I started eating those for lunch when I first found out I was pregnant to replace the cold cuts. That quickly became a major gag food for me.
Carrots
Fish, the look or smell of it
This list will be finished later. I must eat. Again. Have I mentioned how annoying it's getting to be so hungry and have to eat all the time? Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment