But you see, now I am in my 20's. Late 20's to be exact. Past what I thought was the "ideal" age. Every day that passes by is one day closer to 30. The big 3-0. Earlier this week, I found myself working on some paperwork while listening to the Switchfoot station on Pandora. Maybe it was the slow music that put me in a reflective mood or maybe it was my hormones. Let's be honest, it's a valid excuse...at least for me ;-). Haha.
Anyways, I happened to look at the calendar and realized that this coming week is the last full week of September. And, that made me sad. I don't feel like fall should be "officially" starting on Sunday. I feel like it should still be summer. That I should still be preparing and looking forward to our annual beach trip. It then it hit me how fast time is flying by. The summer literally flew by in the blink of an eye. Maybe it was the new job I started in May that made it go by faster due to the new change of pace, or maybe it's the fact that I'm just getting older.
I remember hearing adults say to one another as a child, "Enjoy this age/time/whatever because it flies by" and thinking, "What are they talking about? This is dragging by!"
Oh boy, to go back to those times. Because man, life is truly flying by. And, no matter how much I try, I can't slow it down. I realized something depressing this week as well. Every morning when I'm praying, I always pray that the day would fly by. And then I get depressed when I realize that the time/month is flying by. It's funny to me that I'm praying for something that I don't want to happen. I feel like sometimes we focus so much on whats coming up, whether that be the weekend or a holiday/special occasion, that we forget to cherish the moment we're in.
So,now that I am past the age at which I thought I'd be living the dream, am I living it?
Heck yeah!
Now granted, I may not have the "dream" house that I thought I'd have by now, or the 1.5 kids that I thought I'd have (yeah, yeah, it's a joke), or the fancy car. But man, I have been blessed greatly!
My life is so much different than I thought it would be but so much sweeter than I could've ever imagined. Thank you Jesus for blessing me greatly. For giving me what I need when I need it and not when I want it.
And that my friends, is my blogging update for the
No comments:
Post a Comment