Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Pregnancy Survey: Week 14

Oh, precious Baby B. I've really been meaning to thank you for the lessened morning sickness lately.  Well, at least during the day.  However you, sweet thing, must've gotten bored today and decided I, your struggling, absent minded, "have no idea what I'm doing,"  mother needed to be reminded of how much I hate gagging.  But, that's okay... my bff, Zofran, came over and helped out for a bit ;-)

But for real. Does the gagging ever end?! Geez. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to step foot in my kitchen again without having to run out gagging.  We have some lovely mornings around here, folks. I'm telling ya. It's fanfreakingtastic up hurrrrr.  Sorry :-D

Moving on.  I guess 14 weeks is a great time to start recording  how fat I'm getting the baby's growth. So, please bare with me as I continue to eat like a ravenous lion and put on weight like I'm being paid to.  For real though, I'm terrified to imagine my butt in a few months. Just kidding. Or am I? Ha!

Here's the part you all have been looking for... or not looking for depending on how much I've bored you by now, haha.

Week 14

  How far along are you? 14 Weeks.

2. What fruit/veggie is your baby? A beautiful, sweetly tangy lemon. Mentioning lemons...lemonade sounds amazing right now!

3. Symptoms: Today, Monday, nausea. The usual nonstop heartburn (how come no one warned me of the HORRIBLE heartburn you can develop the second you pee on the stick first trimester?!), achy legs, hips, and oh, the lower back pain, cramping off and on almost every day.  Headaches/migraines, and oh, no patience for annoying people. Have I mentioned pregnancy has made me moody? Oy.

4. Total weight gain/loss: Uh......let's not talk about that. But let's... just for the sake of me looking back one day and thinking, "DANG! I gained weight that fast?!"..... 13 lbs. 13 lbs guys!!! WHAT! Granted I was 108 when I got pregnant but still. I'm still having mini pity parties everyday over the facts...

5. Sleep: I haven't slept through the night (occassionally I do) since a week or so before I found out I was pregnant!

6. Cravings: Sugar all day, everyday. It's a constant battle not to give in...and then I look in the mirror and it makes the decision easy, haha. But yes, sugar, popsicles, anything frozen, fresh french fries, Chick-fil-A's Asian Salad, lemonade, cheeseburgers, strawberries...well basically any fruit except bananas.

7. Aversions: Grilled chicken. Ew, omg so, so nasty. Unless covered in sauce. Banana's (used to LOVE them, not they make me gag so bad), the fridge, kitchen, trash can.

8. Best Moment of the Week: Well, the week has only just begun but the best moment so far of this week was coming home from work today :-D

9. Gender: Will find out in 4 weeks at our gender reveal party! CANNOT WAIT!

10. Belly Button In or Out? In. Oh, please let it stay in.

11. What I Miss: Hot baths, looking in the mirror and not hating my body... did I mention hot baths? Pina coladas, margaritas, eating as much shrimp/shell fish I want without worrying about how much I can safely consume in a week.  Coffee, frappe's, herbal teas (refraining from coffee, etc as I'm restricting how much caffeine I consume).

12. What I am Looking Forward to: Finding out the sex! Decorating the nursery, the belly looking big enough that I "look" pregnant instead of the "I just ate a ginormous burrito" look.

13. Milestones: Two words: SECOND TRIMESTER!!!!!!!!!!!
 
14. Exercise: Trying to walk 30 minutes a day.

15. Maternity clothes: Belly bands and hair bands for my jeans are my best friends right now. Really looking forward to it getting a tad warmer so I can wear maxi dresses and skirts all the time!


Whew, that was a lot to type! I'll update more later :) This momma needs to go eat!

No comments: