Today I did something I don't usually do. I ran. GASP! And, not for my life that is ;-). A few weeks ago, Steven and I decided we were going to try the Couch to 5K workout plan. Well my friends, that was a great idea............ if I hadn't gotten the urge to start on a night that the low was in the 20's!!!
So, running we did. While I slowly died. Like I said, we started the plan on a Saturday I believe at 10 pm. Yes, 10 pm. Right after we had a huge meal of Mexican food. And, it was approximately 34 degrees out when we went running. My husband, being the sweet man he is, went along with my urge to run b/c we all know the saying, "happy wife, happy life." Bahahaha. Kidding. I don't know what I was thinking....about 5 minutes into running, I was screaming, half crying, and running like a crazy person with my hood tied tight around my head with my hands covering both ears.
My ears were throbbing. It felt like someone was stabbing me in my eardrum! Not a smart move on my behalf.....
So, I moped the rest of the way home discouraged that I couldn't finish the measly first day.
That was 2 weeks ago.
Today, I had off from work. I randomly got the urge to workout (doesn't happen much, haha) and went for it! Ah, it was so easy! Such a better experience running on our treadmill. In our house. In a warm environment!
The program is so easy. Basically, you do it 3 times a week..... the first 3 days (which is what I/we are on) you start with a 5 minute walking warm up. Then, you do 8 increments of running 60 seconds to briskly walking 90 seconds. Easy huh? It's suppose to get you ready for running a 5k which we may or may not be attempting soon ;-)
I'm determined to look good for our annual beach trip! Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment