Here we go.
After dinner that Saturday we stopped to get gas. I'm sitting in the car thinking, "Man, this sure is taking a long time." A few seconds later, Steven burst into the car saying, "The pump won't work. It's broken!" I proceeded to ask him if he had tried the other handles to which he replied yes. So, we do the only logical thing and drive around to another pump ;-)
A few minutes go by and once again, he's not back in the car. He opens the door and goes, "This one is broken too!!! HOW are all of THEM getting gas?! I've tried every one!" He then proceeds to swipe his card again... By this point, I was looking around trying to figure out which random stranger I wanted to awkardly ask how they were getting their gas. Oh yeah, I was gonna be that weird person. However, I got the feeling to look out my window and to watch what Steven was doing. Within a minute I figured out what was wrong.
"Hey baby?"
"Yeah?"
"The pump's not broken. Your brain is."
"Huh???"
"Um....well, ya see. You kinda gotta flip up the handle to make the gas come out. See, look do it. I promise it will work."
*Flips up handle
"OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."
(Insert
It was pretty funny. Especially since we spent forever trying to get gas when the pumps were never broken. The look on his face was priceless when he figured that out ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment