Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I could totally get use to having a four day weekend every weekend. Let's be real, no one ever wants the weekend to end... unless of course, the weekend sucked. Steven and I had such a fun and relaxing weekend. The funny thing is, we didn't really do much! Love those kind of weekends! Friday we stayed up late watching movies. Actually, I can't really remember Friday but I believe it involved movies, haha. Saturday we slept in which is always fun and then we had an awesome time at NC State's opening game against Liberty. Yes, we won and yes, I have pictures :-)



Ah, LOVE that man of mine. Thank you Lord for blessing me with him!

Sunday we watched movies all day/night too. We are movie loving people if  you haven't caught on already :-P.  We went to bed really late Sunday. Acutally, I think technically it was Monday. We both have Monday off since it was Labor Day. We went (along with my parents and brother) to a beautiful funeral for my chorus teachers (from high school) wife. She passed away from colon cancer. Steven and I sat there the entire time saying to each other every few minutes, "This is the happiest and most uplifting funeral I've ever been to!" It was beautiful and inspiring. There had to be over 200 people there. People were standing everywhere. I still am having trouble putting into words what the funeral was like. It was literally a celebration of her life and the fact that she is now basking in the presence of our Lord. Yes, tears were shed but many, many smiles were around the room as we all celebrated the fact that she is now in no more pain and is running around where we all desire to be one day - on the gold roads surrounded by our Lord and loved ones!

We also took advantage of the great sales due to the holiday and got a new comforter! It's simple, modern, and looks great against our turquoise walls.


Now, like I stated in a previous post let me fill you in on my crazy week. Whew, it was just one of those weeks I wouldn't want to relive. It wasn't overly horrible just felt like everything was going wrong. Haha. Oh man. Ya see, it all started on Monday. Oh Monday, you never start out well.

Monday evening I told Steven I wanted to show him something funny that Sammy does when I paint my nails. I had "discovered" it the weekend before when I opened a bottle of nail polish and Sammy freaked out. In a funny way but nonetheless, freaked. the mess. out. His version of freaking out (okay, one of his versions) involved jumping on the bed, running around in circles while barking, and wiping his face all over the bed. And laundry. And floor. And....well, anything. I won't lie...it's hilarious. Anywho, so I wanted to show Steven because it was just so funny and cute so I opened a bottle of pink nail polish. Actually, it wasn't open all the way as the top was barely twisted off. Well, Sammy went crazy. I jumped on the bed petting him and playing forgetting that I was still holding the bottle of nail polish in my left hand. Long story short, Sammy knocked my hand which proceeded to COVER everything in its path with nail polish. Bright pink nail polish. Everywhere. I mean, literally everywhere. As soon as it happened, I remember freezing and holding my breath and feeling like I was watching everything in slow motion. I quickly sat up and grabbed the nail polish hoping it hadn't spilled...all the way. Much to my disappointment, I was too late. To my (later funny) horror, my pillow case was drenched. From the middle of our comforter up was drenched. And the dog. Oh, the dog. Poor ole' Sammy. Once he smelled the nail polish he went crazy to the 100th degree. He started rolling around in the nail polish. Rolling on me in the nail polish. Rolling on our clean laundry. Rolling every flippin' place. Steven lost it. It was not pretty. Five minutes later we were stripped down drenching Sammy in water due to his excessive drooling...which meant he was going to get sick if we weren't fast. I felt horrible. I was crying and possibly muttering what horrible of a "mom" to Sammy I was. Yes, we got it out of Sammy with a lot of scrubbing. But no, we didn't get it out of everything else. It was eventually funny...quite funny actually.

So, that was Monday night. Started the week out good, eh? Let's wrap this post up. If you are still reading I commend you. A lot. Either you are really bored, really like to read, or really like my stories. Sadly, it probably isn't the last one, haha! Moving on.

Tuesday I couldn't find my keys to the Mazda so I took Steven's. Got home on my lunch break and realized that I didn't have a key to our place. Awesome. Getting locked out on my lunch break is exactly what I wanted. Not.

Wednesday I think was pretty kind to me.

Thursday I was running out the door to work and went to throw on my new pair of works pants. Oh wait, forgot to mention... Sunday we had gone out and gotten me 2 new pairs of work pants. The first pair (khaki) were ruined in the nail polish "explosion." Wahoo, go me! Okay, so back to what I was saying... I went to put on the 2nd pair I had gotten (black ones) and realized they were way too short. I checked the tag and definitely had gotten the "short" version of pants on accident.

Friday oh, Friday. You are the best day EVER! It was a pretty good day other than an awkward moment during the day but I am hoping and praying that this week is good!!! Here's to a new week!

No comments: