Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Accident Prone

I really should just go ahead and replace my middle name with accident prone, clumsy, or bad luck.

Ha.

I think I won the award for "most likely to get hurt" within 25 minutes on Saturday. Here's the recap:

Walked outside with accident prone pooch and put him on his leash thing outside. You know the ones that are a metal cable leash with a thick plastic wrapped around it and it clips onto a spiral pole thing that is twisted into the ground. Yeah, great description I know ;-) Anyways, he's on that leash/tether thing and is running around playing with Steven. We were throwing a stick back and forth that he likes to chew. Well, it would've been a great idea for me to have looked down where he was before I threw the stick. He just so happened to be standing beside me with the metal cord wrapped against the back of my foot. Oh yes, what you are thinking did indeed happen. He did run off towards the stick wrapping the cord around my ankles which in turn cut and burnt the skin on my achilles tendon. I have never felt such an intense burn before! OUCH! Ok, I take that back... I have as I am vividly remembering the time I dropped a hot iron on my calf but that's a story for another time.

So, after I stopped crying over the not so fun burns. Yes, I did cry. And, I may have wobbled into our house screaming in pain making Steven think I was dying. Haha. Moving on. I walked outside (not even 10 minutes after I got hurt) and over to our magnolia tree to see if any more sticks were under it that we could throw since Sammy loves sticks. I somehow didn't see the pine cone things laying on the ground. Yeah, so those pine cone looking things that grow on magnolia trees... they are NOT soft. Let me be the first to inform you of that if you ever thought they wouldn't be as bad to step on compared to a "real" pine cone :-P. It will hurt and you will scream in pain while jumping on one foot making the neighbors think you are dying... again. Well, at least this girl did, haha. Oh man, was Steven laughing. To make the "pain scale" worse, once I found a stick I liked I walked over to Steven to start throwing it around. I threw it to him, he threw it back... I backed up not wanting to get hit by the stick and when I went to pick it off the ground, Sammy got to it first. Man, is that dog fast! Ridiculously fast. Wow. Apparently, my ring finger is no match for his teeth. Yes, he accidentally bit my finger while trying to get the stick. By this point, Steven is bent over laughing at everything that has happened to me in the last oh, almost 20 minutes. Bad luck? I think yes! If only I believed in luck, haha!

Goodness gracious, what a day. Don't even get me started on the week before. Maybe I'll save that semi-entertaining week for another blog post. On another day.

It's been an amazing three day weekend and this chick has tomorrow off as well! Too bad my man doesn't... guess that gives me some time to get the house picked up tomorrow. Or not. Who knows.....

No comments: