Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My body is annoyingly weird. Seriously. I can't figure myself out, haha. Very few people know, partly just because I don't feel like complaining every time it happens, but I suffer, am plauged, are cursed with  deal with migraines fairly often.  I finally a few months ago got tired of the constant pain reliever popping ritual (which didn't really work b/c all you do is get your body USE to pain relievers so they stop working eventually) and decided to get medical help.  I was started on a anti-seizure medicine that I can't remember the name of in an attempt to cease the constant stabbing pain in my head. Well, it worked... besides that fact that it made me feel like I was going to black out and that I had to pop up to 4 pills a day. Yes, you had to "work up" to 4 pills a day. Oh, and it canceled out my birth control that I was paying $30 a month for.  So, needless to say I stopped that one. Well, low and behold my migraines almost immediately started again.  I don't complain that often about them... but they suck. I would have one from the moment I opened my eyes in the morning until the moment I went to bed. No lie.

One month ago, my doctor started me on an anti-depressant that is used more commonly to treat or block pain. I've loved it so far minus the dizziness and dry mouth that comes as a result. In the next month or so I am having a MRI done because the doctor wants to rule out everything before blaming stating that my migraines are a result of my hormones. Yay for being a girl!

Onto weird health problem number 54304983850. For the last month I have not had my full voice. If that makes sense. I'm in a constant state of "hoarseness." I really have no other symptoms. Well, I didn't until this Saturday. I swear the tornado that passed through here knocked up all the pollen that had settled. So now, my nose is super stuffy, my ears hurt and are plugged.  I'm contemplating going to the doctor to get allergy medicine... other than the stuffy nose, the most annoying/painful thing is that my ears feel like I have plugs in them, haha. I'm falling apart.... And, I still don't have my complete voice back! Am I the only one that finds that weird?!

Oh well, off to bed to attempt to sleep.

No comments: