Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Lazy Day

First off, why in the world is it so cold in spring?! It was just 80 last week and currently, it's only 44 degrees. Weird.

Moving on.

I have the day off :-) Insert high pitched girly 14 year old scream. I take about 1 day every pay period... ya know, just to maintain my sanity, haha.  I love having stay at home days with my man, especially now that he's at home Monday and Fridays working on his thesis. June is quickly approaching and so he's busy working on his project. I'll have to post some pictures of his thesis project after he presents it, it's pretty cool!

Our sweet pup has a hurt paw.  Last night while cooking dinner, which happened to be cooked at around 9:45 pm... don't ask, we lost track of time, ha! Back to what I was saying... Steven was dicing an onion and I was dicing carrots, and of course, Sammy was busy eating whatever scraps flew to the ground. All of the sudden, Sammy let out the loudest, longest, high pitched yelp that I have ever heard. I had no idea what was happening. Of course, I wasn't thinking clearly and for a split second I remember thinking, "Oh, he probably just ate a piece of the onion that fell on the ground and he doesn't like it." Yeah, I know that doesn't make any sense. Well, apparently what happened was he was trying to get a piece of carrot that fell under the door of the dishwasher and I guess he pushed too hard and his paw somehow slipped under the metal part that hits the floor. If that makes sense.... I have no idea how else to describe what part of the dishwasher that is, lol. Anyways, I was bent over looking at his paw to make sure he was okay and I realized that blood was oozing out on the side of his nail. I of course, threw the knife in the sink and started running around like a mad woman looking for our blood clotting stuff... I can't think of the name of it right now. The poor fella cut his nail all the way down to the quick on the underside of his nail and the top part is crushed/split down too! So, of course it's going to snap in half soon, ugh!

He's been laying around all day and doesn't like it touched at all, my poor baby... Oh well.

I've been having a lazy day watching Super Nanny all day so far. I haven't watched that show in forever, however it's highly entertaining even if it does make me not want to have a kid for a long time! Haha, totally kidding... it's called discipline people. The people on this show need to learn what that word means, lol.

Ok, we're off to go shopping for a little while. The Mr. has to have a break from drawing for awhile... ya know, to keep the creative juices flowing :-D

No comments: