Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

A Jeep and Cosmetic Surgery

Dear Friday,

I love you. Thank you for coming so fast this week as I am counting down the days until my booty is back in the U.S. Now, could ya please make it so my husband could squeeze into my luggage. I'd really like to bring him back with me but if not, enough sleeping pills to last me 2 1/2 months would be nice. That way, I can go to sleep and then wake up when he's back.

K. Thanks.

Ya'll it is beautiful here today in Pforzheim! Can I just say that winter here was the most depressing, cold, dark thing I've ever experienced. I mean, I was warned by the local Germans but daaannnngggg, ya'll didn't warn me enough. Ya'll could've helped a Southern girl out by warning me that no less than 5 layers would be needed at all times when stepping outside. I think my skin is still recovering from the frostbite. Ok, so maybe I'm a little sensitive to the cold... er, I'd blame my extra skinny booty to my sensitiveness, but alas, that is not the cause. Boo.

Hehe, kidding.

Moving on.

I'd like to take a moment and give a shout out to Mama M - the creator of Five Question Friday. Check out her chic blog for more Five Question Fridayers.


1. What was the first car you owned?My first car was a red Jeep. I loved it.  Until it broke down... but the love is still there. I think.

2. What song are you embarrassed to know the lyrics to?
Um...well. Okay, don't judge me.  I am embarrassed to report that I know almost all the words to the song, "I'm in Love with A Stripper." Yeah, I know. Don't ask me where I learned them because I honestly don't know. I hope my pastor doesn't read this, hahahahahahahahaha. Hey, in my opinion it's better to know those lyrics than like the lyrics to a Backstreet Boys song. I mean, who would admit that? Haha. And, if you ask me in person if I know the lyrics to the stripper song, I'll probably scream no, run away and chastise you for ever suggesting that I would know such a song. Gosh....c'mon now. I'm a Baptist girl ;-)

3. Have you ever had stitches?
Yup, I've had oral surgery which required stitches and I've had cosmetic surgery to remove a birth mark..which resulted in stitches as well. Which by the way, the day after I had the surgery I was at school and a friend of mine decided to jokingly pick me up, because apparently it's funny to pick up girls that are shorter than 5'3 and fling them around...which resulted in my stitches (1 internal and 3 external) almost ripping. Yes, it hurt. Bad.

4. What was your first job?
I was a proud Chick-fil-Aer at the mature (haha, mature my booty) age of 14.  But hey, making money at 14 was sweet, especially because it was my money and not my parents :-)

5. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
I was never really into Sesame Street. I mean, I tried to get into it... I guess.  It just wasn't my "thing." Haha.  But, I guess if I had to choose one that Cookie Monster might be it.  Seriously, who doesn't want to live in a trash can and demand cookies to eat all day?! Sounds like the life to me :-)

*Correction, it was just brought to my attention that Cookie Monster did not live in a trashcan. I've got my characters mixed up! Hahahahahhaaha! Well then,  my favorite character would be a combination of Cookie Monster and the Oscar the Grouch ;-)

2 comments:

Steven & Kimberly said...

Hahahahahahaha, you're right! I had to think about it for awhile, haha.

I need to catch up on my Sesame Street shows :-)

Beth McC. said...

Love all your answers, so fun!! Your blog is too cute! Happy Friday!