Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've been spoiled rotten today! My sweet husband got to stay home with me all day and it was amazing! We had such a fun and lazy day.  We finally decided to get out of the apartment and go for a walk on this pretty trail he found awhile back before heading over to Lidl. Tomorrow they start setting up the conference center and they all have to meet at the school at 8:30 am - yikes!  But, Thursday I get to be spoiled again and have him home with me all day so it's okay.  Friday and Saturday is the show and then that boy is free for a short while! Praise God! One semester down, two to go! I cannot wait to watch that boy graduate, I should start planning the awesome graduation party I'm going to throw now, haha.

Last night we cooked the most amazing meal ever! I highly recommend making rigatoni with white wine sauce... it's super easy to make and is simply delicious. Steven said it was his favorite meal we've had so far.  I tried to get pictures of the process but forgot to get pictures of the end result because we ate it too fast! I've always heard that cooking with wine creates an amazing flavor, and boy were they right!  This recipe calls for half a bottle of white wine that you cook down and then the rest you just drink w/ dinner. Yummy!

Basically, all you do is this:

Ok, so before you start sauteing the onion, get a pot of water boiling and once you have the onion, wine, tomatoes, and chicken cooking, start cooking the noodles. Use the biggest noodles you can find :-)

Ok, step one:

 
 Saute a medium onion with salt and pepper


Grab some of this

 
And then you do this

(insert picture of wine cooked down)
Then after the wine cooks down, you add a can of crushed tomatoes

(insert picture of bubbling crushed tomato/wine goodness)
Once the sauce is lightly bubbling, you add strips of chicken that are seasoned w/ salt and pepper. But, the sauce must be boiling or else the chicken won't cook. The chicken absorbs the wine taste and the flavor is out of this world!

And, once everything is done... sit back and enjoy. You can go ahead and thank yourself now for creating such an amazing dish.

 
This picture just cracks me up! He wanted to see if it tasted like poison before we drank it... ya know, just to make sure it was safe and all ;-)

The next few pictures are from today, enjoy :-)

 
Apparently a midget lives above us
 
Walking to the grocery store - it was so cold!


The river behind our house
Going to the pretty path Steven found
Ah ha! I finally found out what kind of bird lives in those birdhouses. Pigeons! I hate pigeons...they are so dirty, ew. Well, at least they can be dirty all the way up there!

 
Pretty church we passed

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think i am going to try your recipe tonight! i'll let you know how it goes :o)