Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today is just a "blah" day.  It's so beautiful outside. It's sunny and not raining for once. My prince stayed with me today until about 1:30.  We watched all 3 episodes of American Idol and I'm looking forward to watching the one that is showing in the U.S. tonight, tomorrow.  I just feel sick.  We're both so tired for some reason, I hate being tired.  I would love to just go to sleep until tomorrow but that would probably do more harm than good.  So, instead I'll focus on the happiness in my life.

Happiness is...

- Having a husband who comes home to me everyday
- Waking up every morning
- Realizing that if I don't get the dishes done everyday, the world will still keep turning and that doesn't make me a bad housewife. And, realizing that just because i'm not an ocd clean freak doesn't make me a bad person.
- Getting a text from my husband that says, "I love you!"
- Having a roof over our heads
- Having a God that forgives me and always provides
- Drinking cold coke while eating chocolate
- Cooking with my husband
- Living in a new country and experiencing new things
- Our health
- Amazing family and in laws
- Hearing my brothers say "love ya sis"
- Emails from my sister
- Having supportive parents
- Being able to watch tv over the internet
- Scrapbooking all the memories in my life
- Dreaming about the future
- Being married to my high school sweetheart, best friend, and love of my life. Seriously, I scored big!

Whew, I feel happier. I think sometimes I just need to reflect on everything good in my life. I mean, I've got it good compared to tons in the world. For instance, just look at the people in Haiti. They have nothing. Absolutely nothing.  But, when I'm in a funk, thinking about everything that makes me happy cheers me up.

So, go ahead, make your list :-)
-

No comments: