Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ok, I need to address something I just came across a few minute ago. And, I apologize in advance if I step on any toes. Actually, I'm not because this is what I think and believe and I hope that people can understand that and still be friends with someone who disagrees with them.

Ok, so here we go.

I was just recently boringly scrolling through my facebook wall when I came across a very interesting status.  To sum it up, the person basically said that they had spent way too much time writing a religion paper on how the Bible affects your life.  They then went on to say that they couldn't and quote, "pass up an opportunity to negate all of the misinterpretation of scripture to condemn homosexuality. Suck on that religious based homophobia and bigotry."

Ok, so I read the status again making sure that I had read it right.  Did I really just read that? Um, yes, I did. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I missed that part in the Bible because that's a pretty important subject to misinterpret.  I'm pretty sure I remember reading about God destroying, not praising, but destroying Sodom and Gomorrah because they had given into their fleshly desires and were practicing homosexuality.  That pretty much says point blank that God is against homosexuality. I just cant get over the thought that people have that God is okay with homosexuality and isn't against it.

Now, please bare with me before you start calling me a homophobe and throwing rocks, I have nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING against gay people.  I have many friends who are gay.  We are friends, they know where I stand, end of story.  Do I hate them? No. Do I tell them their going to Hell daily? Nope.  I'm not here to condemn or hate people. I try my best to love everyone equally.  To give everyone a fair chance.  I just personally don't think homosexuality is Biblical and we are all allowed to believe and think what we want.  I'm tired of people jumping down one another's throats because the other person has differing views (Biblical and/or non-Biblical views) . So what?! The world would be boring if we all "fit" a mold.  You can be friends with someone and still have different views on certain issues.

But please, let it be known, that homosexuality is not Biblical.

4 comments:

Court said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

I agree. I work with a girl who's gay (and married.. to a woman) so she's VERY vocal about the whole gay thing. I love her dearly but it's just wrong. Thanks for posting this, Kim!

Meet the Huffstetlers said...

I don't remember how I stumbled on your blog but I've enjoyed reading your random thoughts. I love this post! Why is it okay for everyone to condemn Christians for their beliefs but Christians are not allowed to share their opinions against others' beliefs? Kudos to you for posting this. Did you share your opinion with the Facebook author?

Steven & Kimberly said...

Haha, random they are! Yes, I agree... it's like everyone is okay to voice their opinions but when Christians do, oh no... that's a no, no.

Yes, I actually updated my status to something regarding the whole topic, and the girl that I was referencing to (without her knowing) actually commented on my status and gave me all these books to read and just politely stated her mind. But, after her comment I had a couple of people from my church write about how it is NOT Biblical and listed all kinds of scripture. She hasn't commented since... :-)