Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

You know, I always knew that being a designer was an expensive career choice.  By the time Steven's bought the paper he needs, pens, markers (not just any markers either), colored pencils, computer software, stencils, etc... he's spent a couple hundred dollars.  The markers he uses run about $6-$8 for one.  The paper is expensive and the software needed to design those mad cool cars he designs.... let's not even go there. The price of the software alone is enough to make you faint. Anyways, so yesterday Steven came home and said that he needs to get this drawing tablet.  We had been talking about purchasing one for him because it makes the whole designing process a lot easier and go a lot faster.  One of the guys from Mercedes I believe told Steven that he needs to get one to draw with.  He said something about how it would help Steven's designs. So, I started pricing those babies out today..... oh my gosh - can we say expensive? But, it's something that needs to be purchased so I guess we'll just have to roll with it.  The cheapest we found was around $298.  Can I just say that my baby picked an expensive major/career!!!

So, if you just so happen to be on the internet and stumble across this tablet: Wacom intuos4 Medium Size (make SURE it is the medium size) and happen to see a price cheaper than $298... you should message me and let me know!  We are trying to find one to purchase by the time we leave North Carolina to come back to Germany on Jan. 7th.

Ok, just thought i'd share that with ya'll and maybe if we all combine our internet surfing abilities, we can find a cheap price! That is the goal, haha!

Here's a picture of the fancy thing :-)







1 comment:

Court said...

That's the tablet I have, and I know it's expensive but all those people are right. It makes everything MUCH easier, he'll LOVE it once he has it! Try Amazon, or a refurbished one if you haven't already.