Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Those Days

Wake up with your hair looking crazy? The water went cold in the shower too fast? Did you forget your lunch? Oversleep? Wake up with a volcano like pimple on your face? Yeah, don't worry it's been one of "those days" for me as well.  I've only been up for about 2 hours and I already want to crawl back in bed and start over. It all started with me not sleeping well. Then, we both overslept the alarm... by 50 minutes. Great.  I'm someone who always hears the alarm.  If I do manage to ignore it I usually wake up about 10 minutes later. Nope, not this time.  I don't even remember ever hearing it go off. All I do remember, is feeling someone slowly pulling the covers off of my face. Yes, thank you sweet husband. I managed to stay half awake until he left for school and then sleep took over. I swear he shot me up with a tranquilizer before he left... that's how tired I was. I forced myself to get up around 11:05.  Yes, be jealous, be very jealous :-).  Here's where it became "one of those days." First, I turn on my computer... yay, it's overheating again. Story of my life.  It won't stop "running high." If you know what that means, haha.  Everything is slowly moving on my computer. Maybe my eyes are just moving slowly... who knows.  Irritant #2: upon realizing that I am indeed extremely hungry, I decide that maybe I should eat something. Yes, good idea... I walk into the extremely small corner we call a kitchen, and upon reaching for a bowl manage to knock off the counter a small bag of pasta.  The pasta then decides to cover my floor with itself.  I spent way too much time trying to pick up off the dirty clean floor tiny little pieces of uncooked pasta. Did  I mention that they were tiny, teeny, weeny, little, pieces? Oh, did I also mention that I may be somewhat of a germaphobe and hate touching nasty floors that we walk all over... just a little bit of one though... I'm not quite at the "you need to be evaluated by a psychologist" level yet.  The keyword there is "yet", haha! Anyways, right after I clean up all the pasta, I proceed to knock some more on the floor. You can go ahead and start laughing now, i'm a klutz I'll admit it.  After I clean up that I decided that I need a spoon for my yummy diet yogurt. On that note, can I just say that "yummy" and "diet" don't go together.  It's more like "taste like cardboard" and "diet" that should go together. So yes, the problems don't stop here.  I have no hope today...haha.  You would think that getting a spoon would be a simple task. Not for anyone with the name, Kimberly Bockmann. I reached for the spoon and somehow managed to sling it across the room.   I have no earthly idea how I managed to do that and why my arm spazed out.  By this point, I think everyone down the hall heared me whisper scream in anger.  I quickly walked over to my computer, sat down, and took a huge bite of my "taste like cardboard" yogurt. And wait, I'm still not done yet.... I have just managed to spill a spoonful of yogurt on my computer while attempting to take a bite. Yes, on the stinkin' thing. Also, everytime I keep trying to type it stops typing here and starts typing on another page I have up. *Repeat to self, "I will not get irritated, I will not get irritated..."

I really think that God is sitting in Heaven just dying laughing at me right now. At one point, the thought "Hey, I bet God is just trying to test my patience today" went through my head and my immediate thought after thinking that was, "Wow, well then I just failed MISERABLY!" 

I'm determined to be in a better mood by the time Steven gets home and to be un-klutz like.  However, that (the being un-klutz like) is a goal not a reality :-)

Ok, i'm off to see if I can eat the rest of my yogurt without bathing my laptop in it!

No comments: