Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Tonight, while we were out running errands Steven decided to get me some ice cream.  One scoop peppermint and one scoop of something called, kiba. Easy enough, huh?  I'm not quite sure what flavor it is (kiba). However, it tasted a little bit like strawberry banana mixed with cough medicine. Anyways, while I am thoroughly enjoying my ice cream, Steven decides to run into this store to look for an electric pencil sharpener (which he still can't find anywhere)....I stayed outside.  I was quietly enjoying my ice cream when I noticed something in my ice cream blowing in the wind.  Hmmm.... that's weird I thought to myself... I didn't know ice cream could blow in the wind. WRONG. There was definitely a piece of hair in my ice cream that was about 3 inches long. Nasty.  It took everything in me not to gag.  I still keep feeling like I have hair in my throat - I think I may go drink a whole liter of coke.  No lie. 

So, now I know why anyone who works in the restaurant industry back in the US is required to wear a hair net (if you are preparing the food) and/or wear your hair pulled back with a hat on. 

And, I was just informed by Silke that the ice cream flavor, Kiba, is suppose to be cherry banana. Not quite sure I tasted the cherry part :-)

No comments: