Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Today, I responded to someone in my German class in Spanish. Pretty sure I'm not in Spain... or Mexico. He said, "Danke" to me for holding the door open for him, and I responded with "de nada." I'm not quite sure if he responded or even if he looked at me weird (which i'm sure he did) because I literally darted away from him when I realized what I had said. I ran down the stairs and out of the building as fast as I could shaking my head the whole time and laughing at myself. Hahaha.  But, the way I look at it is, at least I replied with SOME form of a foreign language (that wasn't my native tongue).  I mean, it wasn't German but it definitely wasn't English so at least i'm speaking something other than my native tongue here, hahaha! So, i'm making some progress in not speaking English all the time! Now, if only I could respond with the right language :-) Sometimes, when I start trying to say something in German (the little German I know) I end saying half English, half Spanish and like one word in German.  Funny, I know. You should see Steven's face when that happens.

Also, today was the first day I've ever gone to the grocery store alone and to the bakery! And, the best part is, I survived to tell you all! Except, I forgot to bring 1 euro to put into the shopping cart so that I could use one, so I had to carry everything in an Aldi bag. But, I sure did get some good food! It's gets kind of difficult sometimes because the cashiers scan your food so fast! And, by the time you've put the first item scanned into your cart or bag, they're already done scanning the rest of your food and are pushing it all towards you.  It gets VERY frustrating at times.  I have never seen people scan food so fast. It's like theres a knife over their hands making a chopping motion and if they go any slower, it will chop their hands off. I'm pretty sure it's just a race among them all :-)

Now, I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my prince.  We have to make a run to Lidl as I wasn't able to get all the food we would need for the week today. Since we seem to get asked this every week I'll go ahead and tell you guys so you won't be wondering... Steven and I did not go to church yesterday.  He has a ton of sketches due this week (100 sketches) and needed a day to work on them so he wasn't rushing to get them done.  So, we spent the day relaxing and watching another season of One Tree Hill while he drawed... I want to own all of the seasons someday.  We finally ended up starting to do all of our laundry around 8 last night and finally left the house around 9:45 for a walk outside.  We were laughing at the fact that we didn't leave the house all day yesterday until 9:45 at night! Oh, the life of a designer....er, I mean the life of being married to a designer :-) Lord knows I can't draw!

No comments: