Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

For the love of... apples!

I came across this recipe for applesauce online and boy, is it good! I love applesauce in the jar, but once you experience homemade, there is NOTHING like it... so good! I used gala apples - a personal favorite.  I tried some while it was still warm and almost died. Ever been to Cracker Barrel? If i'm remembering correctly, they have a side you can get with your meal that is like cinnamon baked apple slices? I'm probably not describing it correctly, haha - but basically, its a bowl of warm, cinnamon covered, syrupy, apples. And they are delicious.  This is what it tastes like. Oh yeah. I put it in the refrigerator for Steven to try. I'm so excited for him to try my creation!!!! The recipe is super easy too!

So, I present to you..... not your average applesauce!



Yep, just checked Cracker Barrel's website.... they're called fried apples. These taste just like them but not fried, haha.


No comments: