Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SHMILY....

Because Kimberly is at her German class this morning, I have finally had a few moments to just sit around and think about our experience here so far. My advice for anyone ever thinking of moving to a foreign country is.....move there with a wife as awesome as mine. Kimberly has been an amazing encouragement to me during this process, and she never seems to let the world get to her. At times when I am stressed and uptight she always seems to find some little positive aspect that makes me laugh. I know that there have been days where both of us have missed the comforts of home. And although it would seem that Kimberly would get bored sitting around our apartment during the day waiting for me to get out of class, she never seems to tire of it. She has been so willing to sacrifice her time to allow me to chase my dreams, and I can never thank her enough for that. Our time here has also taught me to enjoy the little things in our relationship. Who ever thought that simply making French fries would be so much fun, or finding good orange juice, or just sitting around talking. Well, when Kimberly is around it is. Kimberly does the most amazing little things for me that she probably doesn't even know that I notice (I guess the secret is out now). Most of the time it is as simple as leaving a little note on the desk for me in the morning, or planning out fun little things to do, or simply washing a couple dishes. However, these seemingly little things she does with joy and selflessness, and that makes them add up to be really big things to me, even though I might not always tell her. Most people would probably think that I am the deep and studious person in our relationship, but through simple acts of love, Kimberly has taught me more about the important things in life than I could ever imagine. I plan on cherishing these moments with her for the rest of my life. And no, we may not have everything here that we had at home, but we have each other and the relationship that God has blessed us with. And that is enough for me. I LOVE YOU BABY!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That has got to be the SWEETEST note I have ever read!! I love my son-in-law! Mom Abbott