Tomorrow is gonna be awesome. Nothing special is happening other than the fact that tomorrow is my Friday. Love having Good Friday off. I can't wait until the Good Friday concert at our church...it's gonna be awesome.
These last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind. Wait, who am I kiddin' these last 6 months have been a whirlwind. Heck, the last year has been! I can't believe we are in our last week of March! What?! When did this happen and where has Spring gone?! For real. It's way too cold for my liking.
Last Saturday we woke up early and made the trek out to Lake Norman...about 15 minutes from Charlotte. OOoooo, if only we weren't there to look at a 2 seater sports car b/c I would've loved to take another visit to Ikea ;-) It was a fun day though! My man got his first (long awaited) sports car. Man, that boy is adorable when he's excited. I mean, he's happy a lot of the time but to see him light up and to feel so special about something was awesome. It was so nice to see him so excited about the car b/c he deserves it so much! The weekend before that we spent five, yes FIVE hours at a Chevrolet dealership and ended the day/night with the keys to a 2013 Camaro test driving it for the day/night. Boy, was it fun! It just wasn't the car (or price) for us!
I'm happy to report that we were in and out of the Nissan dealership at Lake Norman in 2 hours tops. If that. Awesome people and an awesome car.
And, to top of the already great weekend, we sold Steven's car in 10 minutes!!!! Okay, so technically it was an hour, but still...the dude made an offer on the phone in 10 minutes. When I got home from work on Monday, I told Steven to take some pictures of his car "because the sun is setting and it'll look pretty" ;-) and let's just see if we get any hits. Pretty sure I even said, if we don't get an hits in a week, we'll drop the price and start again.
Um, yeah okay.
Within 5 minutes of us posting the ad, no lie, a guy called and said he was driving an hour to come see it with cash to purchase it. He pretty much said he was going to get it. Awesome! Steven comes in from talking to the guy and says his phone had been blowing up with texts the entire time. We had people texting, calling, and emailing every 5 minutes or less for hours. Ridiculous. But hey, times are tough and a car for $1650 that's in pretty good shape and runs great is appealing to people!
The guy and his 4 kids and wife drove out, took it for a spin and gave us a depost. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am! Er, not sure if that's a bad saying..learned it from my man, hahaha. But for real. That easy. We're still in shock that it happened so fast!
Well, I'm off to be moral support while Steven works on some stuff he took home from work today.
Until next time....

No comments:
Post a Comment