Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Things I've learned at the wise young age of 24. Almost 25. Ooo, let's be like a 5 year old. "I'm 24 and a half with 2 months remaining until my birf-day. And, ooo! I'm going to have Hello Kitty cupcakes to celebrate. Half pink, half blue."

- That it really doesn't matter what people think about you. Forget them. Forget them all... most of the time ;-)

- Maybe I shouldn't speak my mind so freely. But hey, in my defense you asked.

- I really should stop praying for patience. Praying for patience ='s scenarios that require vast amounts of patience. I work with kids so I automatically fail that one, enough said.

- In order to get the ideal weight on your scale, weigh yourself naked, after you've gone to the bathroom and move the scale around on every tile until an ideal number is reached. Works for me every (other) time.

- I'm really not as in shape as I thought I was. Or didn't think I was. How come every time you work  out, 1 minute seems like it takes 830583098 hours to pass. I mean shoot, how's a girl suppose to ride the bike for 30 minutes when 1 teeny, little minute seems to pass so slowly.

- Saying the following sentence to kids, "Because I said so" brings so much gratification. I heard my parents say that to me for 18 years so hey, I'm entitled to that one ;-)

- I really don't sing as well as I think I do. Why does ones voice always sound so awesome in their/your/my head but as soon as I open my mouth to sing, BAM birds drop dead everywhere. Kidding, I'm not that bad.


- Most of the time, people really don't care to hear your answer to "Hey, how are you?". I always try and answer truthfully, "Thanks for asking. I'm doing horribly! I got peed on, screamed at, wiped countless butts, and got a ticket." Just kidding, because you know immediately that person would be regretting asking you.

- As hard as I try, I never accomplish everything I wanted to in one day.

- You can never, ever, ever tell someone you love them too much.

- Being empathetic isn't a curse. It's a blessing.

- Don't trust everyone. People are quick to stab you in the back. Or shall I say, run ya over, back up and run ya over again.


- That I can now confidently say that I have inherited my dad's sweet tooth.  My and ice cream, we go hand in hand.... oh wait, let me rephrase, my thighs and ice cream go hand in hand. Hahahaha.

- That everyone fails. Everyone has insecurities. Everyone just wants to be loved and accepted.

 - No matter how hard I try, no matter how much or hard I pray, I still fail as a Christian every day. I lose it when I've prayed for patience, I cry when I've begged for strength, I freak out when I've prayed for peace, I've over planned when I've prayed for contentment. However, everyday I have to frequently tell myself that everyone does.... even when it seems like they don't.

- I am becoming my mother. And, I'm okay with that.

- People are entitled to be different. I have to daily remind myself that just because someone is quieter, louder, ocd, clingy, rude, invasive, that in God's eyes they are perfect.

- My husband will love me no matter what I look like, no matter what size I become, whether I have makeup on or not... he's adores me.  I've always known that just am always awed at how deep his love is for me. Wow, can you even imagine how deep God's love for us is then? Sorry, random thought just popped in my head :-D

- That crying will NOT get you out of a ticket. Nor will smiling, flirting or admitting you are/were wrong. Please let it be known that I have never flirted to get out of a ticket, haha.

-  That just because someone thinks you should do something, doesn't mean you have to do it. You do what is best for you.


Ok, that is all. However, I leave you with this... yesterday on His Radio I heard two women discussing infertility (it was a great discussion by the way) and one woman spoke Jeremiah 29:11 in a way that really caught my attention. I love that verse, but for some reason the way she emphasised certain words really spoke to me. She said, "For I know the plans that I have for you." It just hit me different b/c so often, I repeat the verse but she just did a great job saying that it really doesn't matter what you want to do with your life it only matters what GOD wants to do with it. Ultimately, His plan is better.

Sorry if that last little bit made no sense.

No comments: