Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Life is a Highway...

Happy Thursday wonderful internet world!  I'm hoping at some point tomorrow to link this 5 Question Friday up to Mama M's link thingy, but I'm not sure when that'll happen as I'll be in Florida!

This week has been a whirlwind of a week to say the least! On Sunday, we got unexpected news that my sweet Grandma , Esther Elisabeth Abbott (my Dad's mom), had passed. She would've been 89 in early July.  I wish that everybody who knows me could've had the opportunity to meet her.  She was one of the sweetest, most giving, selfless, unconditional loving women that I know.  We all miss her so much but are rejoicing in the fact that she is finally reunited with the love of her life who died 34 years before her and her daughter, Kay, who died when she was in her teens. And, most importantly, she is finally pain free and is dancing with Jesus!

She suffered from Alzheimer's for the last couple of years and I'm personally so happy that she finally is "whole" again.  I know she was so scared at times not knowing what was always going on.


This picture is a few years old, but a great picture of her. 
So, very early tomorrow morning we are beginning the 13 hourish drive all the way to south Florida for the funeral. It will be a very sweet yet sad funeral but I am happy to be able to see all my family I haven't seen in awhile!
Moving onto Five Question Friday! Hop on over to Mama M's blog for other good reads :-)

1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?

Yuppers, I can play the flute! Ok, so I haven't played it since 8th grade but I'm sure I could still break out a good tune if I wanted to.  Or not. Haha.

2. What is your pet peeve while driving?

Slow drivers.  I want a bumper sticker that says, "The posted speed limit is not just a recommendation or an idea. It is THE speed limit, so try driving it." Haha. But, more specifically, if you're going to pull out in front of me when I'm doing 45 mph, pull out only if you know you will be up to 45 mph by the time I reach you. If not, kindly wait until there is a big enough gap in the cars that you can pull out without causing the cars behind you to slam on their brakes.

3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?

Hands down, unlimited spa services! Oh yeah. I can clean my own house but it's kinda hard for me to massage my own back ;-)

4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?

Eh, probably just some 80's song that was played at the pool growing up. There are certain songs, none of which I can think of right now, that when I hear them I instantly think of all the summer's spent at the pool!

5. What song best represents your life right now?

 I'd have to say, "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts. Not that my life is a highway in regards to love like the song kinda points to, but more so, I feel like I'm always on the move and life is an adventure right now :-)


**This was suppose to be posted a few days ago, but life got crazy...opps!**

No comments: