I'm in the process of starting a new job that will hopefully start sometime next week. Geez, it's a lot of paperwork just to started!
"Are you emotionally stable?" - Yes!
"Are you on drugs?" - No...
"Are you insane?" - No....well, not completely ;-)
"Are you able to take care of children?" - Heck yeah, it's not that hard.
Yes, I have to get a doctor to sign a sheet basically saying that I'm sane, normal, and not on drugs. Yippee.
Now, if only I could require my employer to sign a sheet that looked like this:
"After the 90 day probationary period, will you pay me the expected $100 an hour?"
"Are you normal?"
"Are you a tight wad?"
"Will you give me a raise?"
"Can I get a 2 hour lunch?" - Just sayin' being a preschool teacher is e.x.h.a.u.s.t.i.n.g. But, I love every minute of it.
Ok, new subject....babies!
Can I just say that after
Let me list why.
First of all, I love to sleep. I mean, LOVE. If I could find a job that paid me to try out sleep aids and beds, I'd sign the dotted line before thinking twice. Seriously, ask my husband b/c with our sleep loving spirits combined, we are no good. We have literally slept until 4 pm before. But in our defense, we had just gotten back from traveling 32+ hours w/o sleep.
Anywhoodles, point number two.
Breast feeding is weird to me. Like real weird. I know, a TON of women breast feed and I'm all for them doing that. Now, pumping isn't weird to me at all...just the thought of something...er..nvmind. Moving on.
Thirdly, after seeing the pain involved with breast feeding that my sister has experienced........... no way. There is no way i'm willingly bringing that kind of pain onto my body. Call me selfish all you want...but I kinda like the fact that I can put on a shirt and move without feeling like certain parts on my chest region aren't going to fall off, or bleed, or break, or crack...or whatever horrible things my occur.
Yes, I may change my mind one day when I actually have a child but for now, I think my plan will be to pump. Yuppers.
I have a feeling people are going to leave comments about how great breastfeeding is and how selfish I am now. I completely love the idea of breastfeeding and I know all the benefits, etc...it just looks so painful! Oh well, to each their own is what I say.
Fourthly, I just don't know how women do it. My wonderful sister has had (and is having) nights where from about 12 am - 5 am she's awake. How the heck do you function the day after.
Two words: Super Woman.
Seriously....I'm starting to think my sister is the female version of Super Man. Crazy, I know.
Ok, so maybe having a baby doesn't terrify me. It's actually doesn't terrify me at all...I just couldn't think of anything else to say, haha. But, it has really put it into perspective just how much work is involved with having a newborn.
But, they're just so darn cute! Sigh......

Look! He's waving at ya :-D
3 comments:
I know everyone has different experiences, but my breastfeeding experience was HORRIBLE. It did not work out for us. Whenever you have children, please do what works for y'all, whether that's breastfeeding or not! DON'T let anyone tell you what's best for your family. :)
Anyway! :) (sorry, i can get kinda passionate about that subject.)
Where do (did?) you teach preschool?
No, you're fine..b/c i feel the same way! People always feel like they can tell you what to do.
I've taught at a few preschools, but will be working now at Primrose :-)
Breast feeding isn't for everyone. I did it for 6 weeks. It wasn't horrible per say but it wasn't super fun. I have respect for women who stick it out and can do it for a long time. But I have no disrespect for women who chose not to. You'll know what's best for your baby.
Post a Comment