Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's Thursday as I'm sure you're all aware of :-D Thursday has come quickly and for that I am very grateful! I was just telling Steven the other day how it feels like every day goes by fast but how the weeks feel like they're going by slow. If that makes any sense at all. My baby is going to work from home tomorrow and he's promised me an ice cream date! Is it sad that little things like going to get ice cream give me something to look forward to?

I feel as if lately I'm trying to suck in and cherish every moment with him.  The reality that in 26 days I will be leaving to go home is always on my mind.  I'm excited beyond belief. I'm ready to be home, to work, to get back to "what I know", to see my family and friends.  But, part of me doesn't want to leave.  I don't want to leave Steven here to go home but alas, he must finish up this semester.  And, in a little over 2 months, my sweet love will be home.

However, I must say that being able to go home and plan an awesome reunion/trip for us is so much fun!

Every once in awhile, I stop and think about the sweet moment a few days ago that Steven turned towards me while we were washing dishes, and said every so quietly, "You're still going to blog when you're home, right?" Yes, baby. Always.  Some may see blogging as a pointless way to ramble. However, when you have loved ones thousands of miles away from you, feeling like you can "talk" to them, even if through writing, brings much comfort.

Anyways.

There's not much to report on this end... It's rather slow over here, haha.

I came up with my own survey to entetain myself this morning. Lame, I know. But hey, you do what you gotta do for entertainment and preservation of one's sanity sometimes!

Here's the random survey I came up with:

5 Things I Love:
1. My God who never leaves me even when I wander.
2. My husband who is hands down the best husband in the world (I think every wife says that, haha)
3. Calla Lilies and Stargazer lilies
4. Waking up in the morning with Steven's arms around me (I'm lovie, dovey, gushy... I know, tis the life of a newlywed, hehe)
5. The innocence and curiosity of a child. They always see the good in everyone.

5 Things I Dislike: 
1. Throwing up. Haha, Steven's gonna laugh when he sees this one b/c it's a given.
2. Liars
3. People who claim to be your friend, you know the ones, "You're like my best friend in the whole world!", and then never make an attempt to keep in touch with you.
4. Abortion
5. Rude people

5 Things I Look Forward to in the Future:
1. Having children
2. Having our first house
3. Being settled :-)
4. Watching Steven reach his dream
5. A new president....er, that was a bad one. Opps, everyone knows you don't talk politics on your blog. Right.... haha.

5 Things I Miss from the Past:
1. Being a child and not having to act like a grownup. Ex. working, paying bills, etc.
2. Living in the mountains and going to Fred's
3. The awesome ice/snow storm in the 90's (?) that provided our street with awesome sledding!
4. Being in gymnastics for years... ah, to have that body back. Too bad it was a very in shape little kid body, haha.
5. The oblivion that comes as a child and not realizing that the world has so much evil in it.


5 Foods I Love:
1. Chips and salsa! I've eaten it for "lunch" two days in a row now. I know....not very healthy, haha.
2. Calamari
3. Enchiladas (basically, any Mexican food)
4. Pasta Primavera
5. Steak....yum!

5 Foods I Dislike:
1. Pickles. However, strangely I love cucumbers and love cucumbers in vinegar and black pepper. Weird.
2. Relish
3. Bacon bits. Ew! But, once again I LOVE bacon.
4. Cottage cheese and feta cheese
5. Tofu, although I've never had it I don't think I could bring myself to ever eat it. Ever.

5 Places I've Lived:
1. Raleigh, NC
2. Florida
3. Sugar Mtn, NC (right mom? or do I have the wrong mountain)
4. Pforzheim, Germany
5. Lynchburg, VA

5 Places I Want to Visit:
1. Italy
2. Hawaii
3. California (I have a whole lists of places I want to visit in the U.S. though)
4. Switzerland
5. England

Ok, that's enough questions for now. I'm sure I've bored ya'll to death already :-)

No comments: