Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Whew, I haven't posted in awhile. Ok, so four days really isn't that long. For the first time in a couple of days, it's beautiful outside! I was up way before the sun came up so I got to very groggily watch it come up.  I forgot how pretty and peaceful it is watching the sun rise and set.  It just makes you marvel at God's beautiful creation.

Ok,  let's start the updates so the family will be happy. Haha, seriously I'm just kidding.

Moving on from my bad joke...

Saturday Steven and I went with some friends to Stuttgart for their Night of the Museums festival.  It didn't start until 7pm and we got there around 3 something, so we got there way early.  Looking back, maybe a later time should have been picked :-) Anyways, so we did some sightseeing and walked through the farmer's market which was fun.  Then, we found a cafe/bar and plopped down since we were so tired of walking. Oh, and one of the best parts of the night was eating at Pizza Hut for dinner! Holy cow, I think Steven and I devoured the pizza in like 6.8 seconds. It was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

And, of course I paid for that greasy pizza later by a nice stomach ache, but boy was it worth it ;-)

We got to see the Porsche Museum (amazing), Planetarium, Culture Museum (also very cool minus the tons of naked Indian girl pictures that surrounded my face, haha), and the Baden-Württemberg museum which was in the castle (I think it was a castle).  We didn't get home until 1 something but it was so worth and so much fun.  I highly recommend it!

Sunday was a very lazy day due to us both feeling like he had been hit by semi-trucks due to about 9 hours of straight walking. Ouch... either I'm way out of shape which is highly possible or I walked way too much. I'm going to go w/ too much walking for the preservation of my pride ;-) Sunday we also started doing the massive loads of laundry we had let pile up. All was going dandy until the elevator broke.  Not cool.  And, we live on the 5th floor so we were continually walking up 5 flights of stairs back and forth with bags full of laundry. Once again, I need to workout, haha. Oh, and the elevator is still broke.  Remember how the people took their sweet time delivering our furniture? Well, apparently their taking their sweet time fixing the elevator. I feel for the old people in this complex that have to walk the stairs.

Monday was a very boring and slow day. I think Steven came home to me laying with my head on the desk twiddling my thumbs for entertainment, haha.  And Monday was going great until we got in bed...

Before I go on, Steven has this "joke" with me that he's married to a 90 year old woman. I'm always having some kind of pain going on. Ok, not always but enough that we joke about it.  I think, I just need every nerve in my body replaced with new ones. Hey, it sounds good to me! So, back to my story. Man, this post is getting long. I apologize, kind of. Hehe.

So, yesterday night we get in bed and I roll over to tell Steven something and all of the sudden I had the most stabbing type pain in my back. Now, 2 days before this one happened I had been having them off and on in my spine, but this one was in my upper back/shoulder blade area.  Well, the waves of pain kept coming and got more and more severe to the point that I felt like I couldn't breathe when it hurt.  My left arm started going numb and when the pain struck it would shoot down my arm. Not fun.

After probably half an hour of me gasping in pain and Steven's attempts to massage my shoulder which resulted in excruciating pain, I decided to attempt to sleep it off.  Yeah, that didn't last long. I laid in bed laying as still as possible until probably about 4 am and couldn't stand it anymore so I got up.  And, i've been up since. I managed to fall asleep for maybe an hour around 9 am.

I'm still in a good amount of pain and have diagnosed myself after doing some research with a pinched nerve in my shoulder. Which by the way isn't fun because I can't move my neck or left arm at all without having severe pain. I'm officially a gimp.

So, if you think about it I would love prayer for the pain. I'm going to try to avoid going to the doctor and am currently doped up on pain reliever and am trying hot/cold compresses. We shall see what happens!

Ok, that's enough updates for today :-) "Talk" to ya'll later!

No comments: