Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some of you have asked what makes our toilet so weird and don't understand the term, "poop shelf." Haha. Steven's parents were telling us one time that they didn't "see" the "poop shelf" so I thought I'd show you guys :-)
See, that arrow is pointing to the shelf. It's not like a normal toilet where whatever you do goes directly into water. Ok, enough bathroom talk, literally. Hahahaha.

Ya know, recently I was talking to Steven about how it's weird how we have so little but are happy.  We had so much in Raleigh. Not that we were spoiled, but compared to what we have now, I guess we were spoiled.  It just goes to prove that you don't have to have much to be happy.  Now don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY looking forward to coming back to the U.S. and having a dishwasher, washer & dryer, and a bigger apartment! Oh yes, could that day come a little faster? 

Sometimes it upsets me when I see people complaining of what little they have.  The people who think their house is too small, or they don't have enough clothes. Be grateful what you have because there are people who don't even have a roof over their heads.

So, the next time you find yourself complaining just look at these next few pictures and think of us, haha.  Not that i'm complaining, just putting into perspective how small this place really is.

This is our kitchen. The entire thing. Imagine having to prepare meals in this sucker. It has resulted in us getting very creative in where and how we prepare food :-)

Yet again, our kitchen plus our 4 1/2 cabinets (but not full size ones). The top left holds our cups/plates/silverware, oils, and things like sugar, flour, etc. The cabinet to the right of that one holds our food. The half cabinet to the right of that holds things like tea bags, trashbags, and random stuff. The bottom far left doesn't hold much because even though it looks like it would hold a lot, the sink dips down in it and you can really only get a few boxes of cereal and some drink bottles. Then there's our refrigerator in the middle and the far right bottom cabinet holds cooking utensils, pots, strainer, etc.  Exciting, I know.

This is our only hallway if you can call it that. The picture is taken from the bathroom looking towards the front door.  Notice how small of a space it is. Let's just say, while we're cooking there is lots of squeezing past each other, haha. The tiny bit of door that you can see in the left hand corner opens up to our living room and bedroom.

All of our food must fit in here, haha.

Isn't it low to the ground?! Yikes. The only good part of having a bed that low to the ground Steven and I have determined, is that if you fall out of bed you don't have far to fall ;-)

Our "closet." It works since we have no closets in the apartment.

Our living room/office. This is looking into the living room from the bedroom.

Let me just say, that when they built this apartment they weren't thinking that if you open the far right door it completely covers the far left doorway.  There have been some painful moments where I have walked out of the bedroom and ran flat into the other door, haha.  The far left door is our bedroom and the far right door opens into the kitchen area/bathroom.

So, there ya have it! A nice photographic tour of our apartment.  Ya'll can count yourselves lucky for having apartments or houses bigger than 350 sq. feet :-).

Gotta run, I hear the ravioli boiling and the water for the raspberry sweet tea I'm going to make. Yum!

No comments: