Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Since when do we feed our cows beef?!

Ah, it's Not Me! Monday again and my husband has been waiting, yearning, and dreaming about what it. He has requested to write this weeks Not Me! Monday.  However, whatever he writes it probably false... I mean, the story he is about to share would never happen. I would never say such a stupid thing - or would I?

Check out MckMama's blog for other stories of stuff that people have not done lately.



Ok, let's get this ball a rollin'.

Baby, you're on in 5.....4.....3....2.....1!

Hi, Studly Husband here!!!

This week is Not My Wife Monday.... This should be good.  Those of you who happen to know my wife, know that she would never ever ever say anything stupid.  Not that she's stupid, but sometimes she asks very honest questions before she takes time to think about what she just said.  Just ask her, she'll admit that she does this.  In fact. she is currently laughing at herself because she knows she does this.  I think she does it on purpose to make me laugh, but I might never know.  Hahaha. 

Onto the story...

Here is the background that you need to know before I can tell the story.  We were sitting in bed watching an episode of Dirty Jobs that was about a cow with a hole in its side so that people could study digestion habits in cows.  The host asked the farmer, "Are they beef cows or dairy cows?" To which the farmer replied, "Well this cow here is a dairy cow, but we do have beef cows."

Now remember that for the Not Me Monday...

So the host has just had this conversation with the farmer, and it was not my wife who looked at me very confused and shocked.  It was also not my wife who declared in disbelief, "I didn't know cows ate beef, I thought they ate grass and stuff."  It was not me who looked back at my wife with a confused look on my face.  It was also not me who smiled and chuckled a little bit.  I tried to hold it back because I didn't want her to feel stupid, but it was pretty darn funny.  It was not me who then had to explain to my wife that beef cows don't eat beef but are raised to BE beef.  Oh, yummy beef.  It was not my wife who then realized what she had said.  And it was not us who then spent a good five minutes laughing.  She later did not tell me that she knew this fact all along.  It is not me who might not believe her ;-).

1 comment:

Yellow House said...

I wonder what my husband would type if I passed him the keyboard for NMM! Beautiful wedding pictures!