Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I've been bothered a lot by some things I've read online lately.  I know many of you probably have read or have heard of the blog by MckMama. I personally think that she has a wonderful blog and feel like if it's her blog, she should write about whatever she wants without having people feel the need to comment or correct her when she does.  Many people comment on her blog and leave nasty and mean comments.  I'm puzzled as to when people started thinking that they've earned such a right to comment on her personal blog. Why do they feel like they can correct her when they think she is wrong? It's beyond me as to why.  Someone has started a blog about her where basically this person writes almost everyday blasting MckMama and every decision and choice she makes. The weird part to me is, is that some people are commenting on this hate blog and saying that they agree with this hate blog and are quoting scripture.  Since when is gossiping Godly? These people are commenting on this hate blog saying how wrong MckMama is but then are calling themselves Christians.  Baby, take the log out of your own eye first before you start commenting on other peoples lives.

Secondly, something that really kind dumbfounds me is, a personal blog is exactly what it says it is, it's personal.  It's like people can't come to terms that it's not their blog and so they really have no right commenting and bashing the person.  They need to go to their own blog and do so.

It's sad to me what this world has come to.  That people have a list of what people should be like, write about, and act like.  And, if they don't fit in that mold then they are wrong.

For example, my blog.  My blog has been around way longer than when most people started reading it. I feel like people think that my blog is merely a means to inform people of what Steven and I are up to in Germany. However, they are wrong.  My blog has always been and will always be an outlet for me.  I write...a lot.  A lot of what I write never gets posted.  Writing is a means for me to express myself and vent and if you can't handle it, then don't read it.  For people to read my blog and expect me to always be happy and never to vent is absurd because this blog was started as a way to vent and share my innermost feelings and thoughts.  For the longest time this blog was private and only became public right before we left for Germany.

I have been thinking about making my blog private again. One that only Steven can read and comment on. Why? Because I want a place to express myself without feeling like people always expect me to be happy.  Some people deal with hurt, disappointments, anger, sadness, jealousy, happiness, trials, and excitement in other ways... I personally write about it.

So, what's this post about? I'm not really sure.  Sometimes I just need to write.  I just feel sad that people can be so mean online....where they feel safe to do so because someone is not physically in front of them to scold them.  Sometimes I wish I didn't have the internet so I couldn't read the hurtful things that people say about one another because I personally choose to try and see the best in people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your honestly and bluntness on your blog. Please don't feel like you need to please others when you write on YOUR blog! If you choose to go private I understand completely but please know that I love reading your entries. Your stories crack me up girl!

I love you and will NEVER judge you for what you write about or your mood that day. Happy blogs all the time can be boring.. haha!

Have a good week love!

Kimberly said...

Personally I would not judge other people and post mean things to people or about people. It is just so rude. I agree, people that call themselves Christians and then being mean to other...shameful.