I have a fear of flying. Not the extreme kind where I'm hyperventilating the whole flight but, more like I don't stop praying the entire flight. Which probably explains why I never sleep on a flight :-). I don't really care that much if it's a domestic flight but more if it's an international flight. Hate them. Especially when we fly over the ocean.
After September 11th, I think most of society became a little weary if we got onto a plane with a Muslim. That sounds extremely racist, but I don't mean for it to. Hear me out. By doing what they did on September 11th, the people that bombed the planes created a stereotype for a lot of people. An unfair stereotype at that. But, if we all dig down deep and really think about it, if you see someone scary get on your flight, Muslim or not (because they are some scary looking Americans, haha), you know you automatically start thinking, "I'm gonna die."
Now, fast forwards a couple of years to the guy who tried to blow up the plane on Christmas Day. That happened to occur while Steven and I were home for Christmas. Now, not only am I weary of anyone suspicious getting on the plane i'm on, I now look for people who are playing with their pants. Haha! I told Steven upon flying back to Germany that if I saw anyone start playing with their pants I was going to tackle them. Yep, all 100 and something pounds of me.
And, to top it all off, an article on Fox News today says that women are now having explosives put into their breast implants in order to blow up the planes.
Oh. my. gosh. Good golly...immadieonthewayhome.
Seriously, you want to blow up a plane using your...... ahem.
So now, not only am I going to find myself constantly watching people who look like radical terrorists, playing with their pants and undies, but now, I am going to find myself watching every woman who looks like she has breast implants. And, you better hope you don't get on my flight lookin' all enhanced because I may just start asking ya what you're hiding in there. Haha. Just kidding.
I'm just sayin'....if I was a terrorist, which I'm not obviously, I would never wake up one morning and think, "Hey, I wonder if they'll sew a bomb into my woman parts or wait! Maybe they'll let me hide one in my underwear!"
Eh, I just need to stop flying.
2 comments:
I don't understand. If you're a Christian and you're going to heaven when you die, why are you afraid to die?
I'm not scared of dying. I just don't personally like being up so high in the air. Plus, no one can say without lying that the thought of being blown up is not scary... even in the littlest bit. If God wants me to die in an airplane, I'm going to die in an airplane. But, every Christian deals with fears. And, even if I have a fear of being blown up in an airplane, that doesn't make me a bad Christian. It's just simply something that I pray about that God will take away.
Post a Comment