Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Favorite day of the week!

It is finally Friday! This has been a really long week but felt like a short week at the same time. It's weird.  I am so glad that it is Friday.  My baby started school again yesterday.  Husband ='s baby not a real baby, haha.  It's nice to have him back in school because I know how ready he is to finish up this semester! We had a really fun St. Patricks Day. We went to the Irish Pub since we knew they'd have something going on since it's well.... an Irish pub.  It was crazy busy! They had a blues band (I think) playing and they were really good... a tad loud but that was probably because we were sitting right in front of one of the speakers :-) We got to meet all the guys that are now 1st semester students in the automotive design program Steven is in. But all in all, it was a fun night full of laughter and friends.

Anyways, if you're just popping in, it's Five Question Friday - a fun blog question/carnival thingy hosted by the one and only Mama M! Check out her blog for more fun stuff :-)

My Little Life


1. Have you ever had a celeb sighting?
I have on tv ;-) Wait, that doesn't count. I saw Clay Aiken in the NC Christmas Parade once...does that count? And for the count, his brother is way cuter than he is. Haha. OOooooh, wait! I just remembered!!! Seriously, ya'll aren't gonna believe this one..but I swear on my life. I use to work at a place called Noodles and Company and one time, no lie, Lauren Conrad came in.  I was at the register and she came up to the register beside me to order. I remember thinking that she was really pretty and looked familiar but couldn't figure out why. And as soon as she left, all the guys and everyone working there started freaking out.  Yep, so there's my celeb sighting ;-)


2. What temperature do you keep your house?
Frigid. No lie. When we lived in the U.S. and thus had air conditioning, we left it at probably almost 62 in the winter.  We also always sleep with the fans on high because we both can't sleep unless we're freezing.  Our "motto" is...if you wake up shivering, it's the perfect temperature. Haha.


3. Do you notice dust at other peoples homes?
Not usually. I'm not the type of person to walk around inspecting the house or looking for things "wrong." But,   if I went to use your computer and there was dust all over the keyboard I would obviously notice but wouldn't think anything bad of you. 

4. What's the worst job you ever had?
Ummm... let's see...worst job ever would have to be when I worked at the Chick-fil-A at the old North Hills. One time they made me get on my hands and knees and wash the baseboards under the register....yeah, not cool. And, the weird part was... they made me do the weird cleaning and put the people who couldn't speak English at the register.  The owner of the Chick-fil-A was great but the new manager they had hired was mean... at least my 15(?) year old self thought so, haha.

5. What is your most sentimental possession?
My first sentimental possession is my beautiful diamond ring that my husband worked his booty off to get me. I have a few things that I would consider sentimental as well.  My other thing is this big plastic diamond ring that my dad gave me in 7th grade. I went through a period where I was sick and had all this testing done. One day, my dad came up to my room and gave me this huge diamond ring and around the whole band he had written a message to me. He had written how me hoped I would feel better soon and that he loved me.  I still have it somewhere :-)

2 comments:

René (aka Tweeter Bug) said...

I'm coming your way through McLinky for 5QF. I love your answer to #5. You must have an awesome dad! :)

Annette said...

Found you thru 5QF & I'm now your newest follower! :)

I LOVE your Sentimental Possession stories!! :)

Annette
www.mammakerr.com