Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

What were you thinking?!

I am just loving these Valentines Extravangaza this week! It's given me something to do while I'm stuck over here in Germany for a little while :-) So, onto the theme for today.... romantic screwups. Ouch. This post should be interesting.

I don't know about ya'll, but I have a perfect marriage. No fights, no yelling, no "I'm not talking to you" moments, no attitudes....nothing. Ah haha, righhhhhhhht.... That's just what I like to think. In all honesty though, we really don't fight.  Bicker sometimes, oh yes, but fight? Not so much. Ever since I read that today was going to be about our "romantic screwups" I've been racking my mind trying to think of anything. I even asked Steven.

Photobucket

So....let's see... romantic screwups that i've encountered. Hmm.... you mean besides the time Steven dumped me at my birthday party? It's alright though, because he admits now that it's the biggest mistake he ever made So, to all ya'll dating people that think that you should break up to "fix" your problems instead of staying together to fix them.... don't listen to what other people say, they're wrong!  Hehehehehe. And yes, I had Steven's permission to share that, we laugh about it now... kinda ;-)

Moving on...

Steven's biggest "romantic screwup" is one that we laugh about now.  In fact, we've had a good couple of laughs about it recently. Oh, the lives of newlyweds.  Onto the story...

We had only been married a few months when this happened.  I had always told Steven that I cannot wake up to that annoying beeping noise of an alarm, but instead have to wake up to quiet music. For some reason, when i'm sleeping I get in such a deep sleep (especially right before the alarm goes off) that if there is a loud noise it will literally terrify me when I wake up.  I guess waking up to that noise it the equivalent (to me at least) to having someone, while you're still dead asleep, come and blow a trumpet over your head. Yeah, not good. So anyways, I guess one day Steven got tired of not hearing the alarm go off (even though I would and then would wake him up) and decided to make it so the next morning, we would be shocked awake by the annoying and super loud sound of beeping.  Ohh...that was not a good morning. Side note here, Steven always sets the alarm SUPER loud.  So, the next morning rolls around and I'm peacefully asleep dreaming about tutu's and candy. Kidding, I don't dream about that.  All of the sudden there is this ear shattering screech of a beep, and I am literally jumping out of the bed. It scared me so much!  Oh, bad move baby, bad move.   Steven starts laughing. I am furious.  Hey, we all have our pet peeves, right?  Let's just say long story short, I was not happy and Steven was well aware of the fact that I wasn't happy. I think the first time we exchanged words, happy words that is, was about 1 1/2 hours after the incident had happened.  Needless to say, if Steven didn't believe me before that happened, he believed me then :-)

However, Steven has learned that I really mean it when I say I don't like to wake up to beeping, I apologized immensely for overreacting and for ignoring him, and we moved on.  Lots of hugs, kisses, and "i'm sorry's" later... it was like nothing had ever happened :-)


MckLinky Blog Hop

      

4 comments:

Mama M. said...

Oh, the break up to fix it?! Glad you survived it!! And I am the same exact way...no loud noises to wake me!!

In fact, I heard the alarm as the CD is turning on...no music even!!

Mama (Heidi) said...

I am soooo very with you on the no loud beeping. Prior to marriage my alarm clock was on music and soo very low to wake me up. Now, I just wear earplugs & make him wake me up. :o)

Kaleena said...

I am totally with you on this one - I don't like to be startled to wake up it is such a miserable way to start the day!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Ah! I am such a deep sleeper, that an alarm doesnt register at all! So in all the years of marriage (28 yrs!) my hubby has been my alarm...thankfully, for whatever reason (survival mode?) when he was on a military deployment and not at home...I have managed to get up when I had too... sometimes, during those times, I would have to make myself sleep not normal, like the floor...to help with getting me up!

Anywho...

Blessings & Aloha!
(Yay! for a few days off of work...so that I can finally catch up on this great blog hop marathon! It wiped me out trying to keep up with the daily posts, but they were so much fun! And I am so glad that the links still show up, so I can read them all now :o) if you get a chance come by and if you do, please let me know you were there with a comment :o)