I haven't updated anything since we found out that my mother and father in law and their team were okay. The latest email I have received was this morning. Lois said that at 5:30 am today there were going over to Port-au-Prince to try and get on a American military plane to evacuate to Miami. They are out of supplies.
Yesterday, she was able to update her facebook account and said the following:
"Haiti is devestated. Our compound has fresh water and food, and generator power. Buildings down everywhere-injured and bodies all over. Set up a trauma center and worked all night. You just can not imagine what we have seen and experienced these 2 days. All of our team members are safe-praise the Lord and such a ministry to these poor people. Trying to get off Island when possible. PRAY- PRAY-PRAY."
Hopefully, the next email we get will be one saying that they are safely back home! I'm sure they would love to stay and be able to help and minister to the people there, but they have run out of supplies so they have to come home.
No comments:
Post a Comment