Update:
I forgot to update this: My mother and father in law are finally safely home! They arrived at RDU last night around 9 and were welcomed by friends and family anxiously waiting for them! Praise God for a safe flight and for all He has done.
The missions team is in New York! Lois, Wayne and a few others from Raleigh are trying to get a flight to RDU. We do not know if they will be able to get out today or if it will be tomorrow. Lois sent an email out this morning saying that at 3 am they were awakened by an American lieutenant and he ushered them to the airport. They were to act like they did not know him and were not able to touch their luggage once they got there because the airport did not have security scanners. They had to go in the back doors of the airport so that the Haitians (spelling?) would not see them. She said riots have begun to break out and it was starting to get unsafe. The people in Haiti are starting riots because they are upset that the Americans are getting to leave and they are not getting to leave.
I will update when I know more... Steven and I are now waiting for an email/skype call telling us that they are on their way to RDU. Oh, how we wish we could meet them there and welcome them home!
No comments:
Post a Comment