I've been meaning to tell you all about this sweet little girl, Kate Mcrae, but I kept forgetting to locate the video I wanted to share with you all.
Meet Kate Mcrae.
She is a sweet, innocent, little 6 year old that is battling for her life. Last June, her mom took her to the doctor because she was continuing to have tremors in her right hand. The doctor decided to get a CT Scan just to rule anything out. That simple day in June turned into the worst day of this families lives as they were told that little Kate had a very large mass on her brain. It was later determined to be a rare, malignant, tumor. I believe she has just finished her 5th round of chemo and they are waiting and praying about what to do next. There is a lot more to the story, but I would be writing forever if I were to write everything. Basically, she is part of a study and after 5 rounds of chemo, you go have a stem cell transplant. But, when they went in for a MRI in December, it was determined that there is still some tumor left...whether it is dead tumor or not, they do not know. They have to decide this week whether to go ahead w/ another brain surgery (that could/will possibly have many permanent/detrimental side effects such as paralysis of one side of her body and not being able to talk again) or go ahead with the stem cell research and forget about trying to remove the rest of the tumor.
I beg you guys to pray for this little girl. She so desperately needs our prayers! The parents are strong believers and actually moved up to where they are now to open a church. They are begging for prayers. Please check out her CaringBridge page: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate.
Please visit her other website as well. It has a link to her blog/caringbridge and much other information:
http://prayforkate.com/#/home-page/
Here is a video that somebody made of them only 4 days after they found out the news. She has since had brain surgery to try and remove most of the tumor:


No comments:
Post a Comment