Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Welcome to my life....

This morning, I got up before Steven to go wash my face and as I was walking back to get in bed, I looked out the windows and saw something weird!  Hmmm..I thought to myself.  I don't remember the roofs being white! No wait.....it's snow!!!!!!!! Yes! I immediately turned into a 5 year old little girl and proceeded to run into the bedroom screaming  declaring to my awake sleeping husband that it was snowing outside! Sadly, it has stopped as of right now. But, it's suppose to snow a little tomorrow so maybe i'll get a reason to act like a kid again, haha.

The happiness that surrounded me quickly subsided once I turned on my computer.  Let me go back a few hours, last night before I went to bed my computer informed me that it had 9 updates to install.  Ok, I thought it was a little weird that it had 9 but I let it do it's thing anyways.  This morning, I turned on my computer and the blue screen of death appeared. Oh no, not the blue screen!  That is never good to see.  It also said it was updating 3 more updates it had installed.  So, a total of 12 updates in a 10 hour time period. Weird.  Right after that appeared, another image appeared as my background that I knew was not my background that I had put up. I stated to Steven that I had a weird image on my computer screen and how it was "acting weird."    As soon as my computer had completely turned on,  I realized that nothing was the same. I was missing icons.    Steven came over concerned, and we realized after a few clicks that ALL my pictures were gone, all of my music was gone, my internet was deleted. Ya'll...  EVERYTHING had been deleted. I immediately started crying.  If you know me, you know that I LOVE pictures. I had pictures on there that I didn't have copies of. I had memories on there that could never be replicated and they were gone.  All of them.  Thankfully, we did a system restore and everything came back (that I know of). Now, my sweet husband is backing everything up.  We still are dumbfounded as to what caused it to crash and erase everything.

Unfortunately, when we get into Raleigh one of the first things we have to do is get my computer fixed/looked at. It is infested with bloodhound viruses and has 3 (that I know of) Trojans.  I have no idea how I got all of those things.  But, it is causing my computer to crash all the time, overheat, and not work properly.  What a way to start a vacation :-) But, once we get it fixed it should be working alright...


No comments: