Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Make sure you hop over to MckMama's blog to read other funny Not Me! Mondays!


Ok, where to start... there have been many Not Me! moments recently!

It was not me who upon getting in the shower realized that I had no towel. It was not me who then ran to our bedroom stark stinkin' naked to retrieve a nice, clean, dry one.  I didn't proceed to slip on the hardwood floors and almost face plant stark stinkin' naked on the floor.  Not me, I never run around naked in our apartment.  Especially, since we do not have see through "curtains."

It was not my husband who graciously went to the grocery store recently to get some food for dinner. It was not him who was asked if he wanted a bag for everything and it was not him who replied with a simple, "no." He did not then proceed to ask for a bag not even 3 seconds after she had asked him.  We did not laugh for a long time about this and we are not blaming our language barrier on the small miscommunication. And yes, the cashier did give him that "Are you kidding me I just asked you that" face.

It is not me who did 4 loads of laundry on Sunday.  I have not failed to put them away yet.  My couch is not covered in clothes which causes me to only be able to sit on one side of the couch.  I did not take a picture and I am not posting it on here for all to see!




It was not my husband who was told upon arriving at a very fancy club that he was not going to be allowed in.  It was not my husband (along with all the other guys) that that were told they would let them in, but to next time come looking less like slobs. Yes, slobs. It was not me and not my husband who felt very out of place because we were not dressed up enough. We are always dressed our best!
*side note - we were not planning on going to this club and decided last minute to go because it was 80's disco night. Oh yeah! So, needless to say we did not have time to go home and change. We were dressed nicely but according to the German bouncers, $90 pumas are not dressy enough.

It was not me who cut my husbands hair for a hour last night.  It was not me who in the middle of cutting it, got discouraged and decided I no longer wanted to cut his hair.  It was not me who told him I would be fine if he had a "bowl cut" for awhile. I mean, who would say that, that hair style went out years ago!

Upon realizing that our Apostille had not arrived yet, I did not tell my husband that I would be perfectly fine being deported.  It was not me who spent a good 5 minutes coming up with ways that I could hide from the German government in case the need should arise. I would never be okay with being deported and I would never try and "hide" from the government. Never... or would I?
*Note to our parents - no need for you to worry we have it completely under control.

It was not me who declared to my husband that I've never been to IHOP and that I've only been to The International House of Pancakes. It was not my husband that lovingly informed that IHOP stands for The International House of Pancakes.  I was not surprised and I did not reply, "Oh, really???" I swear I'm a brunette :-)

And finally, it was not my husband who dropped one of our 6 plates on the floor last night. One down five to go. Man, do we need to get more plates, and cups, and more kitchen space. Student living is interesting to say the least!




No comments: