Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can I just take a minute...

to tell all of ya'll how tired I am of rain.  I have never, ever, in my whole life lived somewhere where it rained for three weeks straight. Three weeks, not three days.  Now, don't get me wrong, I like it here...but c'mon can't a girl have a couple days of sunshine? I just checked the weather forecast and we have a high chance of rain until Saturday. Wahoo.  It's just so frustrating because you see, we don't have a car here. So, in order to survive we have walk everywhere to get our necessities. I am so thankful that God has blessed us with working legs!

Let me give you a good example of why continuous rain is such an annoyance. Today, Steven and I needed to go grocery shopping. I looked out the window and said, "Hey baby, I think it's gonna rain... again."  But, we thought it would hold off for awhile so I wore my rain jacket while Steven just wore his fleece.  We got there dry however, on the way back it started raining. Fun.  I was walking as fast as my short little stumps would go.  At one point, I told Steven to just go ahead and run the rest of the way back and not wait for me because I was the one with the rain jacket. Well, surprise surprise, it stopped raining the minute we got into our apartment. We've come to the conclusion that it only rains when we leave the apartment. Seriously, it will be perfectly sunny and dry and the minute we step foot outside... BAM, the rain is pouring down. It's quite hilarious sometimes.  I can't even count how many texts I've gotten from Steven that go, "Hey baby, you know how when I was inside the apartment with you it was sunny and not raining?? Yeah, I started walking to the bus stop and it started pouring rain."  Anyways, so after eating a very late "lunch" we made yet another trip to the store.  On the way there it was only drizzling a little bit.  But........... on the way back the fierce storm began. Muhahahahaha.  We were about halfway home with our delicious bread, lunch meat, and toast cheese when the so called "drizzling" turned into a deluge.  Steven instantly suggested that we start walking a tad bit faster.  Right after he said that, it was began to rain like nobody's business.  (Steven just suggested that I write, "According to Forest Gump, we been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain and big ole' fat rain.  Rain that flew in sideways and sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.")  Yep, that's my boy... quoting Forest Gump and all.

All of the sudden, I just couldn't take it anymore. My jeans were soaked, my shoes were soaked, my feet were soaked, and my hair was so nappy and wet that it was literally plastered sideways across my face... imagine Donald Trump.... oh yeah. So, I did the only thing I could think of to do. I started running like a chicken with my head chopped off. I must of looked ridiculous though... this little girl with a pink backpack running for her life down the street, one hand on her back (holding the ever so precious bread) and one hand holding her hat on.... not to mention this so called crazy girl, was laughing hysterically while running. I quickly ran to the first overhang I could find.  Once Steven got there, we decided to wait it out for a few minutes... we had high hopes that it would let up after about 5 minutes. For some reason, every time it rains everyone says, "Oh, just wait five minutes..it'll let up." So, you know since everyone says that it must be true, haha. Well, five minutes came and went rather quickly and it was still pouring rain, so we just decided to make a run for it. However, I learned a very valuable lesson today,  not only is it hard to run with a backpack full of food on your back, but it is also hard to run while the wind is blowing against your lightweight body and while you're laughing hysterically because your husband is running like the spitting lizard from Jurassic Park.  Not that I can say much, because I'm pretty sure I looked extremely funny running to the back door like I was trying to hold a pillow between my knees while I ran.  And, we were laughing so hard once we got in the door, that I didn't see the poor lady coming up the stairs and almost ran into her.  Hey, I had half of my wet hair plastered across my face... that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!

Anyways, enough embarrassing tales about us.  We are so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.  Poor Steven got no sleep all week because he's been working on this project so much.  I'm sure this is just the start to a very busy year!  At least he has the weekends to catch up on sleep, relax, and draw without having to sit in a hard wooden chair for hours.  Yesterday, we went out with some people from his school to this bar called Die Bar. It's a smaller bar/cafe but it's really cute and "homey."  Embarrassing moment of the night - towards the end of us being there, I decided I needed to go to the restroom. Easy enough... or so you think! Well, after deciding what bathroom was indeed the right one, I nearly knocked myself out! When I went to stand up, I smashed my head into the handle on the door! You'd think I would've seen it but nope, I didn't.  I mean, I hit that sucker good... it was quite embarrassing. I wonder how many people can say they've hit their head on the handle of the bathroom stall?

Well, that's enough for now.... ya'll don't need to know my whole life, haha :-)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your layouts. Help?! :)