This is so random, but I need some ideas so give all the ideas you have.... muhahahahahaha!
Due to the fact that we live in a tiny apartment that has only 2 burners, no stove... I am running out of ideas of what to cook. We eat a lot of pasta and ground beef because the ground beef is the cheapest here. Does anyone have any ideas of things I can cook that wouldn't require using more than 2 burners (or if it does, can cook fast), involves commonly used ingredients so that I can find them here, and is quick to make?
Quick, hurry..... raid your brains and recipes! Oh, and if you do think of some awesomely, yummy, enticing, easy to make foods, please feel free to comment :-)
YOU GUYS ROCK!
5 comments:
I made this the other night, it's way super easy and takes like 15 minutes to make!
Cranberry Porkchops
Ingredients:
4 Pork Chops
16 oz can whole cranberry sauce
8 oz French dressing
1 package dry onion soup mix (if you can't find this just use some minced onion and maybe some oregano and thyme or something similiar)
Place pork chops in skillet (you'll want to use one with tall sides) and brown on one side about 4-6 minutes. Meanwhile in a bowl mix together whole cranberry sauce, french dressing, and onion soup mix. Turn pork chops and pour mixture over top. Bring to bowl then turn down heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Pretty easy huh?
that sounds AMAZING!!!! I will definitely have to try that one! Thanks girl :-)
Welcome! I love anything fast and easy that tastes like you spent hours making it, I'll go through my cookbooks later this week and see if I can find anything else for you!
Hi Kim, Before you sent out your SOS for recipes I told Lois I would send you my Apple Brown Betty which I cook on top of the stove. I think Steven has sampled it some time ago. Grandma Bea
Apple Betty
6 apples (I use Granny Smith)
6 slices white bread (I use Arnolds)
Sugar and cinnamon to taste
Butter (seee below)
Melt about 1 Tablespoon Butter in bottom of a heavy saucepan and add about 2 Tablespoons of water.
Toast the bread and butter it.
Peel and slice a layer of apples into the saucepan. Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon & sugar.Ad some dots of butter.(Layer #1)
Break up 3 slices of bread and put on top of apples (Layer #2)
Repeat Layers #1 and #2
I usually put a lump of butter on the top of the last layer.'
Simmer covered on low heat until the apples are done.
This can be served warm or room temperature and can be served with light cream, ice cream or ssharp cheese It s a good substitute for apple pie.
I made this for Lois on her birthday! Enjoy
Hammburger Soup
1 lb ground beef
5 cups water
16 oz. can stewed tomatoes
2 med. onions
2 stalks celery
1/3 cup barley
1/4 cup ketchup
1 beef bouillion cube(optional)
2 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp basil
1 bay leaf (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste'
Cook ground beef, pour off grease.
Add water and other ingredients.
Simmer covered until desired doneness
according to taste.
This freezes well! You will need
a large pot or cut recipe in half.
Enjoy with somme good German bread.
Grandma Bea
Post a Comment