This is my first "real" day with Steven being gone at school. I don't think his classes have officially started yet, but yesterday his professor said that he wants 100 sketches by next week. So, I guess in a way it has started. So, all the design kids are up that the school drawing away. On Oct. 18th his class is leaving town for the night and he won't be back until the 19th. They are going to this little town... what they're doing there.. I don't know. The project they just assigned involves the town that they will be visiting. Supposedly, it's has a lot of really curvy roads so the professor told them to hope for a sunny day so that they can see all the nice cars driving the streets. Ah, Steven will be in Heaven. Yesterday night we went to this bar called, Sensi, I believe. All the 1st and 2nd semester automotive design guys/girls were meeting there to hang out. Yes, there are girls in his class, how weird! I'm not sexist at all, but it's just so weird to me to think that a girl would find designing a car fun. Maybe that thought has something to do with the fact that I can't draw worth a lick. Seriously, if anyone can screw up drawing a stick figure, it's me. So, today Steven left around 8:30 maybe... I'm not 100% sure of the time he left because I was still in bed, haha. But, who knows when he'll be home. I'm hoping for by dinner time. It's weird because I'm so use to having him home all the time it's going to take me awhile to get use to him being away most of the day. But, just like I did when he was in college, I'll just go visit him in studio. It was always kind of fun for me to go hang out with him in studio because I got to see everything he was working on. It's so funny... the schedule that he was given on Wednesday, his professors said to throw it out and disregard it. They literally said, just come to studio in the morning and leave whenever you want to. Basically, come early in the morning.... work all day/night on your projects and then leave when you're too exhausted to function anymore. They will have a lot of people come from various car companies to speak to them during his schooling here. A guy last night said that sometimes the guys will show up around 5 or 6 at night and then you wont get out until midnight. Wow. So, anyways... what will I do with all my time??? Good question! Steven and I have seriously been talking about me taking some online classes. I'm really interested in web design/developement so he said he's either going to get me some books on it and/or enroll me in some classes. I've always loved working with computers but over the last few months/year I've gotten really interested in developing web pages. Shocking, I know. Steven thinks that it's interesting that after 23 years of life, I'm just now figuring out what I would love to do. He got so excited for me the day I told him how much I wanted to do it.
Anyways, I think i'm going to go find something to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment