Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Responsibilities of a House Wife

So, I'm starting to think that this role of being a so called, "house wife" has actual rules and responsibilities to go along with it. Shoot, I was hoping it was an easy job! Totally kidding, I wouldn't choose being here and staying at home for anything in the world. After reading some other "house wives" blogs, I'm starting to think that I should step up my game! So far, i've decided that I am expected to do dishes on a daily bases (maybe even more than the 2 times a day that I do), I'm suppose to clean until you can lick the floor (um, not quite sure about that one), I'm suppose to do laundry every stinkin' day, I'm suppose to have dinner ready, fresh out of the (imaginary) oven as soon as my husband arrives, I'm suppose to be dressed in some cute outfit, with my hair and makeup done, and jump passionately on my husband the second he attempts to open the door.  Hmmm.... reminds me of the stepford wives. Totally kidding about all of that.  I mean, there are a TON of women who feel the need to do that daily and I commend them. I, on the other hand, do not. Well , I am "ready" when Steven gets home in terms of I have makeup on and my hair done.  But, that's just because I like to look my best at all... um, I mean, most times.

Let me give you a run down of what I do everyday:

- When I don't have language class, I wake up anywhere from 10:15-11:00.  That is of course, after I've already woken up when Steven gets up to spend some time with him.

- Upon waking up, I sit around and check my email. Which usually takes awhile, because I get too many emails A DAY.

- I do dishes when we need them.  I try my best to have them done at all times, but sometimes I just get overwhelmed with them.  I mean picture it, we have a sink the size of a bathroom sink... it's difficult to wash dishes! :-)

- I(we) do laundry when we run out of underwear. Go ahead, ask me if I'm kidding.... ok, actually I am a little bit.  It's more of Steven saying, "Um, can we do laundry i'm almost out of underwear"

- I clean up the apartment only once or twice a week. Usually just once every Saturday.

- I do go grocery shopping fairly often... this boy likes to eat!

So, there ya have it :-) I refuse to be OCD and run my life like that.  I'm just a girl that is trying to figure out her place in this world.  I was very happy to awake to an email from Grandma Belanus (Steven's grandma).  She had a wonderful idea! She crochets beautifully and offered to teach me! Now that could help pass the time! I don't know where I could get the materials here... I know there is a fabric/yarn shop near us so I'll have to check that out. But, I'm hoping to learn to do that soon!

I'm thinking if I put my "to do" list on here, than i'll be more likely to get the things accomplished.  Because then, everyone will know and will have the right to hold me responsible, yikes!

- Do some laundry... or else, we are going to have to shake dry next time we take a shower (now that could be quite funny)

- Wash the rest of the dishes

- Go to the bedding store across from the store, Galleria, and look for some pillows

- Go to DM and look for some other stuff

- Go to the grocery store because Steven has informed me that we need more cereal

- Clean up the apartment. Ok, that probably wont happen today.

- Do more laundry. And more....and more... basically until I run out of money.

- And last but not least, wait for Steven to come home around 9 or so! I'm hoping he gets home a little earlier than last night... he got home a little after 12 last night.

No comments: