Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Today, Silke and Dirk came to visit for a little while. We went and got ice cream - surprise, surprise! I think Steven and I get ice cream almost everyday, but it's so good! We had so much fun hanging out with them and being able to talk to other English speakers! Right before they got here, we decided that we should pick up the apartment a little. I decided to sweep the kitchen and Steven was using our makeshift dust pan to pick up the dirt. Well, I decided to squat down to pick something up and that's when I heard it. The most dreaded sound of all. The sound that instantly makes you jump up and look around to see if anyone else heard the same sound. And no, it isn't the sound of passing gas, haha. It's the dreaded sound of your pants ripping. I had on my beloved, though quite worn, blue plaid pajama pants. Yes, they were a few years old. But hey, they've been through a lot with me! I mean, how many pairs of pajama pants can you say stayed with you all the way through college?! Ok ok, maybe a few pairs. Anyhow, I quickly stood up only to be greeted with Steven's uncontrollable laughter. It went a little like this:

Me: "Crap, I ripped my pants!"

Steven: (while gasping for air due to laughing) "I can, I can, see..... your butt. Kimberly, I can see your butt!!!!! Oh my gosh, that is so funny! Hey, look you won't even have to take your pants off to go to the bathroom!"

Real funny, Steven. Real funny. Actually, it was quite hysterical. Also, due to the fact that I liked these pajama pants a lot I continued to wear them while we finished cleaning... I wanted to see how big I could make the rip. In the end, it was about a foot long rip. Why do I keep ripping my pants? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog because you two are pretty funny. I stumbled upon your blog while I was scanning though various ones. Now I am hooked. I am amused with your new adventures in Germany. I have never been outside the US so I am living my dream through you. I am glad you fixed your bed. What about your pants?

Steven & Kimberly said...

Hahaha, this is my second time out of the US (I went to Serbia and Austria for Operation Christmas Child) and my husband came to Germany a few months ago for the design school interview... it is very different when you're actually having to live in a foreign country :-)

Oh and yes about the pants... the were thrown away by my husband while I was in another room, haha!