Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh my, I haven't updated in a day... I promise we are not dead.  Haha, well me writing this post is evidence enough :-)

There was honestly just nothing to write about yesterday. Shocking, I know.  Steven left for his German language class around 8:10.  It starts at 9 however, he didn't get home until 3:00! For a second, I thought "Oh my goodness, what if he got hurt, what if somebody kidnapped him?!" And, the thought of being left here alone in this foreign country was enough to make me go crazy... so, I quickly dismissed the thought.  But like always, my wonderful, way too good looking, husband came home to me.  It was cloudy and just frankly, nasty outside all day yesterday.  Steven finally got me to get ready around 4:30 and we went to the bakery.  I guess he is right.... we do have to eat! So, while I laid on the couch swearing I was dying of some unknown disease, he made dinner.  Really, I promise, I swear I have like swine flu, IBS, cancer, arthritis and every other horrible disease laying dormant in my body.  Ok,  maybe not... all my test results from the doctors always come back great.  Anyways, so we went to the bakery, came back home, ate dinner, and watched One Tree Hill.  Yes ma'am, I have convinced my manly man to watch the first season of One Tree Hill with me.  Here's the shocking part (for me at least) he actually admitted that he liked it! Yes, I am starting to win him over for girly movies and shows.... my work here is complete.

Today, will be spent sitting around (for me at least) until 3.  It's really not as bad as it sounds ;-) For once, I'm living my dream job. I'm officially a house wife! Ah, to hear those words roll of my tongue.  Lately, people have been asking me "So, like.... what do YOU plan on doing while he's in school?" Hmmm, that is a good question.  To answer everyone's questions at once, I have no idea.  Steven told me for right  now, to just hang out, explore, sleep in, have fun.  When you come to a new country, it can be a little overwhelming to have to think about working in a place where you can't understand anyone, don't know anything or anyone, and don't know the culture.  At least for me, that is how I feel.  Yes, people have suggested working at Stuttgart's Army Base and that is still an option.  Stuttgart's base is probably almost a 2 hour train ride from here because it is on the outskirts of Stuttgart I believe.  It is even farther away from the church we are looking at visiting. Mentioning the church,  the lady we had emailed about transportation, emailed us back on Friday or Saturday.  I can't remember what day right now.  She said that this coming Sunday she would love to give us a ride.  We are very excited to be able to go.  We are going to get what I think is called a, "Happy Weekender's Pass."  From what we've seen online, one person can buy the pass, which is about 28 euros and up to 5 people can ride for free with the person.  Once you have the pass, you can travel anywhere in Baden-Wurttemberg.  So, for the first weekend we will be leaving Pforzheim - praise God!  We are hoping to go to Heidelberg on Saturday which I've heard is very pretty.  On Sunday, instead of riding back with Alicia (the lady who is giving us a ride) we are going to stay later in Stuttgart and take the train back.  Yes, we are completely stoked about not having to spend the weekend in Pforzheim.

Before this post gets too long,  I am in the process of changing the look of the blog. I did some stuff yesterday and it erased everything.  So, if you get random emails saying I've uploaded the blog and there's nothing there, just ignore them.  Also, I changed my blog so that anyone, even if you do not have a gmail account, can comment on the posts.  I thought you guys might like that :-)

I'll post again later :-)

3 comments:

silke said...

love that option know to give comments! i had so many comments about all yuor last posts, but was never able to comment.
i love your blog and u make me smile every day. love the way u write!

Steven & Kimberly said...

yeah, I never knew I could give that option! I think they just added it? Thanks girl! Thanks for all you've done for us as well :-) I don't think I can thank you enough!

silke said...

u are so welcome. i just hope that u will get to love my country just as much as i love your country!