You see, this is why I cannot speak German. Their words are too long! By the time I've looked at the word, sounded out the first 5 letters, said the last 12334455 letters... I've forgotten how to say the first 5! Ah, it's a vicious cycle.
Anyways, Steven and I thought we would share with you a few humorous short stories that have been made possible by our recent adventures.
Once upon a time, in a land far far away (thank you Shrek for that line), there lived 2 happy, very in love people. Now, these people thought they knew it all. In their heads, riding a bus was simple. You stood at a ghetto stop, covered by a crappy plastic roof and quietly waited for an underpaid driver to pick you up. Simple huh? I think not! Little did these two, innocent, non-understanding, non-suspecting, individuals know.... that in a matter of 5.2 minutes they were about to have all their pride ripped out of their hands. Well, the couple watched as the big, smelly, overpacked bus arrived. They anxiously waited for the doors to open. Only to find out that not only was the bus way too full, way too smelly, and way too old, that the driver was way too non-english speaking. Needless to say, the girls studly, heroic and brave husband quickly took the opportunity to attempt to get on the bus. The girls husband approached the underpaid driver and said, "Wie viel koste?". What did the the underpaid driver do??? He stared. Yes, you heard me right, he stared. He stared at the couple like they were aliens. Like they were both naked and had four heads that were all on fire. Then, the studly husband started dropping his change on the floor in a flustered frenzy. The husband had figured that it would costs both of them 4 euros to ride to their destination. Did the studly, brave, heroic husband have the right amount??? Well yes, for him to ride he did. He contemplated leaving his poor, scared, non- German speaking wife behind but decided that the fight that would have resulted was not worth it. So, after what seemed like an hour of the underpaid driver and the studly husband attempting to communicate, the studly husband and his poor, now embarrassed wife walked back off the bus (with their pride left on the bus). The studly husband and his wife then proceeded to walk 3 miles back to their little, humble, non furnished abode on a street that neither of them can pronounce. The end.
Our second funny story happened as follows:
On arriving to Pforzheim, Silke, Dirk, Steven and I decided to walk around where Steven and I would now be living. We decided that we wanted a more scenic route and so we decided to walk around the inner city that is behind our apartment. We have a very pretty and shop filled area behind us. Well, me being the observant individual that I am, was very distracted by all the beautiful objects around me. I was trying my best to take it all in. But you see, I had forgotten one simple rule, "watch where you're going". While I was walking and looking to the left of me at all the pretty things, I suddenly felt myself hit something very hard. Not only did I hit it so hard that I fell over on top of it, but I hit both of my knees against it as well. I opened my eyes to see that I was now toppled over a concrete pole. My attempts to not stand out like a tourist were now ruined.....oh well....at least I saw all of the pretty things.
2 comments:
Maybe should write a book Kimberly!! That was soo funny! Love you,Mom
Kimberly! Your two stories are so funny. I actually laughed out loud at the last one! I pray that it becomes easier for you both to get around and understand the new culture. Until then, just watch where you're going!!
love you!
Post a Comment