Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
~Arnold Bennett~

I found this quote online and thought it was very relevant to what Steven and I are experiencing. We love being in Germany but obviously at times, we feel "discomfort" like the quote says. We have been immersed into a country where we cannot speak the language and are not use to the culture. Steven can understand and speak some but is not proficient. I, on the other hand, can speak none.. except for a few words/sentences here and there. Sometimes we feel a little out of place due to that. But, I am so thankful for this experience. Everything is so different but it's been fun trying new things and new foods. It's really odd because even when we cannot understand if we are with people that Silke and Dirk know and are talking to, we still find ourselves having fun and enjoying ourselves. Laughing with other people, even when you cannot understand them is fun! We officially move into our apartment tomorrow! We are so excited! Today (it is already 12:35 am here) we have so much to do once we wake up and get going (we should probably start with falling asleep first, haha). We will be dropping a lot of money on furniture and random things that we need. It get's kind of overwhelming at times thinking that we have all this money to live here, but once it's gone it's gone. I don't have a job yet and I have no idea when or where I will get one. But God is good and He'll provide. Today, for lunch we went and got Doner Kebab (there should be two dots over the "o" but I have no idea how to make that on my computer). It was super good! It's basically pita bread with thinly sliced lamb meat and veggies like cucumbers and lettuce with a garlic cream sauce. It is SO good! However, I opted for the pizza since I hadn't had it in awhile :-)

Ok, due to the fact that it is 12:41 in the morning... I should probably get to bed!

No comments: