Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

We have made it to Germany! We arrived at 8:30 (German time) this morning. Our first flight to Atlanta was delayed however, we still arrived early to Atlanta. And, our flight to Stuttgart was delayed by 1 1/2 hour and we were still 30 minutes early! We are SO exhausted however, we are still having a blast! We are staying with our good friends Silke and Dirk who have graciously let us stay with them until we move into our apartment. We just found out that we get the keys tomorrow and so we will start moving stuff in tomorrow! We have SO much stuff to do in these next few days.... it's a tad bit overwhelming to think of all the stuff we have to do and all the stuff that has actually taken place over the last 2 days. Silke and Dirk showed Ludwigsburg today.... and we got to experience homemade Italian ice cream.... yummy. It was really fun just hanging out until the bees started attacking us. We had our first (well I did) German lunch today. Their lioner is amazing! Oh, and I discovered my new favorite kind of bread... Laugen. It's like a pretzal.... and it's the best bread I've ever eaten!


Ok, that's enough for now.... I'll update soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh laugen. pretzel bread. best thing EVER!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you arrived safely! I was thinking about you two this morning. How many hours difference is there from here? Just wondering how far ahead of us you guys are. Not too much is happening here in Raleigh. A few babies were born over the weekend but I'm sure you have heard about them (if you're read my blog, then you have haha).

We miss you here. Hope you enjoy Germany!! Good luck unpacking. I can't wait to see pictures of how you arrange your new place!!

Love you!
<3 Lauren and James (and sweet Owen)