Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

So much to do, so little time!

This is a post I meant to put on here a few days ago but forgot, opps!

I have so much to update about... and don't know where to start! I'm not even sure if I should be writing this on my blog as with my luck, my owners/coworkers will see this and not be too happy.

On June 29th, we found out that Steven was accepted into Pforzheim University. He was 1 of 20 in the WORLD to get accepted. We had been praying about this for awhile and had always prayed that if it was God's will for us to be in Germany, then He would allow Steven to get accepted into the school. Well, thankfully we got a clear response from Him :-) So, it's official - we are moving to Pforzheim, Germany! We bought our plane tickets this week for a grand total of about $1400. We officially leave the U.S. on August 27th at 11 am! It is approaching fast!!!

The grad program that Steven got accepted into is 18 months so we will be there almost 2 years. The school said that about 90% of it's design school grads were offered automotive design jobs upon graduating - this is our goal! Pforzheim is a small city... it is known as "the city of gold". We are both beyond excited however, at the same time understandably nervous, anxious, and scared. We are only taking our clothes and our belongings will be put into storage until we return. Our good friends, Silke and Dirk are moving back there at the end of this month and will only be about 30 minutes away in Stuttgart. They had some extra clothes in their crate so we were able to get all of our winter clothes and a few pair of shoes over there... so if anything happens and we don't end up going we are without winter clothes!!! Haha!

I have to get a "real" winter coat. They are expecting a colder than usual winter and a wet one...



As of right now, we are very busy packing! I didn't realize we had so much stuff! We literally have a 2 page list of things we have to accomplish this week... I cannot believe that in 10 days I will be living in another country, kinda crazy huh?!

No comments: