It has been such a long and emotionally exhausting week. The weekend could not come faster. Tuesday opened up our "window" of having ITERS/ECKERS come and visit. They basically come at around 8 in the morning and observe you until about 1. They give you your rating at a preschool. So, we've been busy making sure that everything is up to standards in our room. So, not only am I exhausted from all of that, I have to deal with everything else. I swear it's a full moon outside, maybe I will check tonight :-) I feel like no matter how many times I remind a child not to do something, they won't stop. Now, don't get me wrong... they are children but c'mon they're 4 and 5 they can follow directions. My major is in education and I have worked with children (in a professional setting) for almost 4 1/2 years. So obviously, I have A LOT of knowledge about children and their development and what not. But, sometimes I feel like I don't know enough. It's like when a child acts up you do everything that they teach you in class. You're not allowed to spank or do time out... and redirection only works so much. I just get so irritated sometimes. This week has been very trying.... I was almost in tears yesterday because of some stuff that happened which I wont post here because it's linked to my facebook and I don't need everyone at the center knowing my business. Then today, wow. I seriously came home and had a drink. No lie, haha. We only had 12 kids today... not too bad you would think! Yesterday we had 18! So, back to my story... since it was raining when we were suppose to go outside we went to an empty room which we use as a movement room. The kids love it there, they have a target throw in it, tons of blocks and puzzles, and these roller boards. Well, they were all playing in there and all of the sudden Susan (my coteacher) and I are watching this little boy chase another boy and then all of the sudden the boy he was chasing fell and hit his head on the side of the table. DUN DUN DUN. I just sat there at first because I wasn't sure that he had hit his head but I heard him crying and holding his forehead so I started to stand up. All of the sudden Susan starts yelling "CRAP HE'S BLEEDING!" The little boy put his hand down and all you saw was blood... covering his WHOLE face. So, obviously the room got very hectic. I was yelling at her to take him to the office and at the kids to sit down because they were going crazy. It was horrible, I was walking alongside him and Susan and looked at him and all you could see was him forehead crushed in. I seriously almost threw up. I don't think i've ever seent that much blood in my life. In the movies, yes but that's different. It's totally different when you are in person seeing blood streaming down a person's face. It was really upsetting for both of us. It took me a good while to calm down and not be nauseous anymore. Needless to say, the rollerboards aren't in the room anymore and I spent a few good minutes cleaning the blood trail up. And, obviously the ambulance came...
But, 16 stitches and a few hours later he came back to visit. They had to come and get his youngest brother....
What an eventful day! I hope that never happens again!!!
On a lighter note, I cannot wait for this weekend!!! Steven and I planned a trip to the beach for Saturday. We're going to get up early and head on over there. We're going to see the Battleship and the Azalea Festival will be going on so that should be fun! Plus, I heard that downtown Wilmington is gorgeous! I am SO excited, I need a little day trip and I know Steven does too! He is working so hard on all the design projects for work!
No comments:
Post a Comment