Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours

My mom made a reference to that quote this weekend. How true it is. I posted earlier about my grandmother being very sick. Well, she is back in ICU. My mom is flying down to Florida tomorrow and coming back Friday afternoon. It always seems like once one bad thing happens, a ton more bad things follow. I've just been sitting here holding my breath, waiting for the next bad news. Some stuff I can't post just because of promises I've made people - but seriously, it's getting bad. I have no idea why God is allowing all of this to happen at the same time. I have this feeling that the next year is going to be a rough one for my family. Everything is in God's will and I know He will get us through it no matter what it may be. For awhile my grandmother seemed to be getting better but she keeps taking a turn for the worse. She was rushed to the hospital yesterday because she can't breathe. They now have her in ICU with a full face mask on that forces air into her lungs. She's only 78. She's not that old... This time last year she was sick as well. Last year we actually left the day after Christmas and drove all the way down to Florida.... that was an exciting drive with all traffic we had to endure. The trip should have only been maybe 10 hours and instead was almost 14 hours. It just upsets me so much to think that she could die before Christmas and my wedding. It's so hard to be excited about something when you know that someone you care deeply for may not live for it. I mean seriously, I can't even begin to imagine what would happen if she dies before Christmas. It would be a huge mess. It's my mom's mom so obviously she's close to her and I just can't stand to imagine how upset my mom would be.

Anyways, i've almost finished all the music for the reception... it took me FOREVER! I had to find the kind of music I wanted, make sure the lyrics are appropriate (because Providence requires all music played to be submitted and be approved first) and then copy all the music and then print it all out. Thankfully, Courtney just got married and we have a lot of the same taste so she emailed me her list of music from her wedding. That was the biggest help! I seriously don't think I would've been able to finish my music so fast if it had not been for her :-)

These next two weeks are going to be SO busy! I have a Christmas party with Steven on Thursday, a Christmas concert on Friday. Next week will be spent packing up some of my stuff and Steven's and getting him ready to move into the apartment. And then, we move in Friday. So, the WHOLE weekend will be spent moving in......yikes!

I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed!

1 comment:

Court said...

You're welcome! Love you!