Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons...add Vodka

So, the title basically says it all..... you've gotta have a sense of humor to make it through the day sometimes. My job ends as of this coming Friday. It's weird because i'm really mad but excited at the same time. Like, i'm really mad because this couldn't have come at a worse time - I'm trying to plan a wedding and save money for Steven's and I future. I also now have to find a job for only 2 MONTHS! Who the heck is going to hire me for 2 months.... I know, I can do what everyone else is telling me and get a job and just not tell them but still, it sucks. Thankfully, I saw a posting on Craigslist about seasonal help at Crate and Barrel so i'm putting an application in there. A lot of places are starting to hire just for seasonal help which is nice. But, at the same time that i'm really mad, i'm really excited. Mostly due to the fact that I won't have to wake up at 6 in the morning anymore. Plus, this job wasn't ever paying the full amount of money that they said they were going to and that pisses me off. And at times, I was working almost 65 hours a week and wouldn't get paid overtime. This has been the most exhausting last few months of my life! Finally, I might be able to get a "normal" job and actually sleep for once.

On another note, the wedding planning is going GREAT! It always has been but still. I cannot belive that i'm getting married so soon - I think my lil' clicker thing says 3 months and 18 days? I don't know, haha. We booked our caterer yesterday. I would post what we're doing but I want it to be a surprise, let's just say it'll be a little bit different then what people usually do :-) It won't be the typical stuffed mushrooms, meatballs, fancy food crap. People will actually eat my food!!! Hahaha. We also have pretty much figured out where we're getting our wedding cake/grooms cake done at. We're getting a great deal on them and are only going to have to pay, at the most for BOTH cakes, maybe $250. I know, be jealous. It kills to have connections. My neighbor is doing all the floral arrangements for free because she use to work for Fallon's, so we're also saving a lot of money there. She's going to get us a huge discount on the flowers, plus we're going to be buying them in bulk and then doing the arrangements ourselves, so we're saving money in doing that. We're doing our own reception decorations too.

The wedding is going to be pretty simple, yet pretty because that's how we wanted things. I didn't want a big fancy, overly decorated wedding. The table toppers are going to be floating candles (white) with those pretty marble stones in our color. The floating candles are going to be the big ones, so you just put one in each bowl. It looks so pretty because it's so much more elegant and draws all your attention to it. It's hard to describe, you're just going to have to wait to see it :-). And around the bowls, we're hoping to put up pictures of ourselves. Like on each table will be the bowls w/ floating candles and then around those will be 4 (4x6 I believe) pictures in frames. It's going to be different, which is how I wanted it. I didn't want to do fresh flowers because EVERYBODY does that. We were originally going to do fish, which would've been super cute but yeah, that didn't work out... it's a long story, haha!!!!


Anyways, i'm off to do some more job searching....until next time :-)

No comments: