Steven proposed tonight!!! I am the happiest girl in the world right now! Seriously, I can't even sleep haha.
It was the sweetest proposal ever. Ah, i am so in love with him and in a few short months I get to be his wife and spend the rest of my life with him. I never thought this day would come!!! I mean, I knew it would, just didn't think it was going to happen today, haha.
Here's how the evening went:
I got off work early and so Steven picked me up at 6. He wanted to take me out to a nice dinner which I kinda thought was unusual but didn't give it much thought. After dinner at Firebirds, I had the idea to go shopping. So we went over to Crabtree and walked around Best Buy, Old Navy, and Barnes & Noble. After Barnes & Noble, Steven said, "Do you really want to go shopping" and being I had a headache, I said "no". So, he said, "lets go driving"
And so we did. We drove down the street and ended up at Laurel Hills Park. I jokingly said, "are you taking me dancing?" At dinner, I had told him how much I missed slow dancing with him. Back in high school, Steven took me dancing at the park a few times. He would make a really cute, romantic CD and then we would park and slow dance under the stars. So, it holds a special place in my heart. After we parked, he did inform me that he was going to dance with me and that he had made a special CD. The first song came on and I honestly don't remember what is was! After that song was over, I felt Steven reach into his pants but thought that he was adjusting his boxers haha. Then, all of the sudden the song "Going to the Chapel" came one and he dropped to one knee and proposed. I was so shocked that I just stared at him with my hands on my face. Then I started jumping up and down and screaming "YES!" The CD he made is so awesome...it has all of these great love songs on it and on the front it says, "Will You Marry Me!!!!" I will keep it forever!!!!!!
I will never forget looking at him when he said, "Kimberly Abbott will you marry me?" and seeing the tears in his eyes. It was the sweetest moment i've ever experienced with him.
After all the jumping, kissing, screaming, etc. We called my parents and went to show them. Then we all went to Bahama Breeze to celebrate w/ a few drinks and Silke and Dirk joined us.
Tonight has been the best night of my life so far. I think the next best day of my life will be when the only man I've ever loved is watching me walk down the aisle to become his wife.
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS KIMBERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Love you!
Post a Comment